Michigan-Detroit
Options

What is the Waiting Period??

So i called detroit county clerk and she said i could get my license the same day i come. you dont have to come back to get it. is this the waiting period i hear about? what is the waiting period? do i have to wait a few days before we can get married for it to be legal? im confused!

Re: What is the Waiting Period??

• Options
    beersnobbeersnob member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine in Monroe and we had to actually wait three days for the license itself. But in Wayne you get it that day but can;t use it for a specified time I think three days, And it has to be used within a certqin time also
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Wayne County it took three full days.  I ordered it Monday and picked it up this afternoon.  One day seems quick but I would maybe call back and ask again....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they say you can rush it for an extra $5. so is the 3 days considered 3 days before the wedding, or use within 3 days?
  • Options
    moeoscarmoeoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got ours in Oakland County and normally there is a three-day waiting period, but if you pay $5 extra you get to take it home with you that day and waive the waiting period. We opted to do that to save a trip back to Pontiac.
  • Options
    Tarah716Tarah716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup - we got ours in Oakland too - Jason went to the county building to apply for it and took it home that same day. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you complete the paperwork, you wait three days to pick up the license.  If you pay $5, you can take it home that day.  You have to use it within 30 days.  After 30 days you can't use it and have to get a new one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    washtenaw county - we had to wait 3 days to pick it up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards