Michigan-Detroit
Options

Great article re: wedding invitation etiquette

I know there are several girls working on theirs right now...HTH.  I know I'll need advice![url]http://insideweddings.com/articles/anna-post-on-etiquette-modern-invitation-rules[/url]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Great article re: wedding invitation etiquette

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link I know I will need that eventually as well!  I saw your post earlier about the videographer not being in the budget and thought I would let you know I found one for fairly inexpensive in wedding terms lol.  He is $650 for everything and a couple of other knotties used him as well.  The info is in my bio.  Just thought I would pass it along just in case that price did fit in the budget for you  :) 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol @ anyone calling this "modern." all she does is echo her great great grandmother's rules (most unfortunately the "honour" part)... there's a reason we try not to do things like they did them in the 19th century. (the highlight of that era being that none of us were allowed to vote... oh and all of that messy slavery and jim crow stuff we like to pretend didn't happen) seriously trying to carry on social norms that enforce a class partition (and religious superiority) by calling it tradition, is really not my idea of a fun-loving introduction to my celebration of love and commitment. while i think the posts have some good points (no registry info, a/b lists can be dicey) i hate them. the posts can suck it, and its time for someone else to become the beacon of american social etiquette. /rant. obv. this is JMBluntO. it's for all of you out there who hate the posts too. this is in no way an endorsement of rudeness or lack of tactful (and thoughtful) planning and communicating.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ummm...sorry I posted it?  I know there are a lot of people wondering about etiquette and such (myself included)...just trying to help.
  • Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was insightful and helpful! I bookmarked it for the big invitation project next year!! :) Thanks!
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol it was directed at the posts. not you. :)
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bookmarked it, too.  Thank you, Taryn!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I think some things, like adding changing to British spelling for a church wedding is dumb, some things, like formality of invite matching the event are done to help the guest dress properly, etc. I think mrs. nobody detests the Post family and that was confused with the post (meaning the post on the message board).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh...got it.  I read her response quickly and was really confused. LOL!
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for posting; I found the article helpful.  Especially the part about making it your own.  I hope that you do find a videographer.  Even if you just have a family member of friend video tape it.  Maybe you could rent a nice camera from Rent a Center or something just for that day.  Best Buy and other stores have restocking fees.  Looking back years from now you might regret not having a recording.
  • Options
    mollylovesumollylovesu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I listened to advice from everywhere and as a teacher who prints newsletters each week for parents I will tell you that some/ a lot of people don't read what you write... we had soooo many calls about what to wear because it was an outdoor tent reception. We personalized our invites and that confused people too.... I had some guests in t-shirts with gap/ambercrombie or whatever and cargo shorts and tennis shoes... a few in jeans! One third didn't even RSVP! I also had a VERY descriptive webpage... only a few checked it out. That made me sad : (
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards