Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ideas........

So if you read how Paul proposed, you will know that he is a HUGE Tigers fan.  I won't lie, I like to watch baseball and really enjoy going to Comerica. So we are having a Detroit Tiger themed wedding. So far I have1. Bridesmaids in navy dresses with orange flowers2. The groomsmen will be wearing navy vests but Paul is buying them each a personalized jersey to wear to the reception.3. Crackerjacks with a baseball card with pictures of us for the favor.4. Alternating bows at tables with navy blue & orange. 5. Our caketopper is a bride & groom playing baseball6. We thought about going down to Comerica the day of the wedding but I'm not sure if we will have the time. So we thought about taking our bridal party down there and taking pictures.7. We also thought about having Paws come but we have to see how much that is first.I was wondering if anybody else had some ideas they could offer me (Oh and I also found a Detroit Tigers garter on Etsy) Thank you so much.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ideas........

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have pics from when you guys go to the games?  you could make a slide show of them.  also, i saw some tigers decorations at the Party America site.  They had napkins, and some cute table decor as well.  What about having the song "take me out to the ball game" playing when you dance or walk down the asile or something.  Just some thoughts that came to mind!
    You need love and laughter to get a happily ever after! Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is a huge baseball player/fan as well. We aren't doing like an all out baseball theme, but I wanted to try to incorporate it in small doeses so that his style and love is apart of our day. I love all of your ideas the only other ones I have that I may be doing are: 1. Baseball ticket themed STD's 2. Instead of a guest book have guests 'autograph' baseball cards. I saw this idea online and each guest had a ball they could write on but I am thinking to limit the # of balls (so we don't have 300 lying around our house!) to either do this by couple/family or by table.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Entrance - you could do "Take me out to the ballgame".  Placecards - you could have ticket stubs, with each person's name on it (white cards with orange & blue lettering).  Favors - Tiger shaped cookies (that look like Paws)Programs - Make it look like something you would get at a ballgame.This amy help you with some ideas.http://tinyurl.com/mf8cj7http://tinyurl.com/mancpn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards