Michigan-Detroit

Help! Is this a scam?

I went to the bridal show at the Palace yesterday. Yesterday evening, I got a call from a company called the Pink Apron. They said I had won a 3day/2night trip. The only thing I have to do is go to a showing of their products this week to see if I want to register for their products, but they said there is no obligation to. Please let me know if you have heard anything about this!!! TIA!!!!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Help! Is this a scam?

• ksunquestksunquest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try to google it. I want to say this is a scam that has been discussed here before. Maybe L&Bbaby is the one this happned to!??! anyone, anyone?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think its one of those things where everyone is "a winner". They called me non stop for like 3-4 months after I went to the bridal show. I never called them back, so I don't know for sure, but they called my friend too. Hope that helps!
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I've been suckered by them too. You will get lots of examples by googling it but they are just trying to get you to come in and buy their cookware. They are going to call you a ridiculous number of times and I've heard that the sales pressure at the cookware preview is ridiculous. Steer clear!
    imageimage
  • ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    run! far away! And I'd ask them not to call you anymore... They called me constantly for a while but the worst part is that I don't remember signing up for their company at the show, so I can't figure out which vendor gave my number to them.
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Same happened to FI and I. I went to the big bridal show at Rock Financial this past winter and got a call on a SUNDAY afternoon about "winning a trip". I happened to be not near my phone and FI answered it. He got all excited and said we'd won a trip.Long story short, we went to the Novi Sheraton where they were "giving out the prizes" and found a line of other people who "won", too. IMO, it's a scam. I would ask like PP said to be removed from their marketing lists.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • richersrichers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!!!!
  • RachelCheetahRachelCheetah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if that specifically is a scam but it sounds like it. I *still* get calls telling me I won some "free trip" or Mary Kay "spa day" and my wedding was in March.
  • edited December 2011
    I also "won" as well.  I didn't go to the showing because it was too far and Mike didn't want to go; they said we both had to be there.  They didn't continue calling me though; once I didn't show up I never heard from them again.
  • edited December 2011
    I got this phone call last night too! And, like a pp, I don't remember them at all either! So some other company is definitely giving out information to a third party.
  • edited December 2011
    I got a call from them as well. They are out of a 615 area code and I didn't recognize the vendor name so I told them we would be out of town for the conference they are having.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I got suckered into going to this. It was right after we got engaged and got excited about possibly winning a free vacation. It was pretty much a presentation on their overly expensive cookware. And when you don't buy anything they make you feel really bad. I never heard from them again after that though.
  • l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep... BIG SCAM! If its too good to be true, it probably is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, Big scam!! I went to the Palace Bridal show last fall...and my 4 bridesmaids and myself were all Grand Prize winners for Pink Apron....They called my for months stating they were holding my prize. There's numerous stories of this online Google it!
  • edited December 2011
    These people were annoying they did that to me too
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I won't be wasting my time at their presentation now!! And WOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!! I got a star next to my post! I always wanted one of those:)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards