Michigan-Detroit

ceremony delimma

Originally we thought we were going to get married in a church. FI changed his mind about that so then we decided we could just have the ceremony outdoors at our reception location. We have since found out that they will not allow us to have more than 40-50 chairs for the ceremony. We're inviting 180 people to the wedding. I do not want to do reception only invites. Our hall manager said some people standing on the brick paver patio wouldn't be a big deal if the ceremony is brief. I think peoples definitions of brief may differ, but I think our ceremony could be about 30 minutes start to finish. I HATE the idea of some people standing...makes me feel bad. Plus their site fee is $500 for 40 lousey chairs. I have been trying to look into other ceremony locations in the Clarkston/Rochester/Waterford area. The only one that I have found that can accomodate our numbers is Meadowbrook, which I think is AMAZING costs quite a pretty penny. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Garden, chapel that allows to you to BYOO, etc. I'm open to ideas! Thanks in advance!

Re: ceremony delimma

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards