Michigan-Detroit
Options

WWYD:Cake serving set

I'm torn between the fancy cake cutting set that matches our china (its beautiful!) or just a plain silver, inexpensive set and having it engraved. WWYD?

Re: WWYD:Cake serving set

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Neither. We're using whatever the caterer provides lol, I mean out of ALL the mementos from that day, is the CAKE SERVER going to be that important, really? (REBECCA- I miss you!! How's your candy-fasting going?! You crazy girl...)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we hadn't received one as a gift, I would have just used a butter knife and a napkin. The server is not sentimental to me AT ALL. I think it depends on you and your FI and what things you prioritize. But I personally would save the money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, thanks guys. That's kind of what we were thinking, but I couldn't decide... the china one was so pretty, but I don't know that I'd use it again.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of spending money on a set, we used the one my parents used.  It was in great condition and all I did was add a ribbon to match our colors. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't buy one either. We used whatever the venue had. I know we'll never use it again, and it wouldn't hold any sentimental value for either of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the plain silver sets. My FMIL got my FI and I a cake cutting set for our engagement party that we are now obligated to use. Unfortunately it isn't my style.Go with what YOU like and want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the less expensive one.  To be honest, I bought a $4.99 ivory set at IKEA.  It just wasn't a huge deal to me.  And we can use it to cut and serve Amanda's birthday cakes for the next 5 years after.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with a less expensive one too. I'll admit, I bought the Bombay Fall Leaf serving set for my wedding but ONLY because I happened to find it on eBay for like $20. It's normally WAY more than that anywhere you can manage to find one. So, I got it. But if I hadn't gotten it for that price, i'd be buying a cheap-o one or borrowing from a friend or relative. It's just not that important to me to spend a ton on one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    isyuwonoisyuwono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sunkissed212, do you plan to sell the knife set after your wedding? If so, please email me at i_silvyani[at]hotmail[dot]com. I'll be interested in buying them from you. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards