Michigan-Detroit
Options

New to detroit weddings :)

Hello! So I figured many of you have probably already tacked some of the same issues that we are going to tackle, so cannot hurt to ask! What is a reasonable budget to set for a small wedding in the detroit area these days (50-75 guests)? Also, anyone find any great outdoor venues for a ceremony in the area? Thanks!

Re: New to detroit weddings :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The budget is really whatever you'd like it to be. I've found that you can average 50/pp for buffet/bar and be pretty safe. It really depends what you want. If you want a unique venue you are going to pay more.   Outdoor venues are best at city parks/historic sites but they don't allow alcohol so you'd have to do the reception elsewhere if you wanted that.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I think budget is a really case by case basis. I'd say "average" in this area is about $50/pp. For food/beverage you will find a lot of nice places for less than that and many places for more (some much more) than that. What area specifically are you looking at? There are a lot of really nice outdoor sites all over the SE michigan area, letting us know what area you are looking at will help us give you suggestions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tgrabarczyktgrabarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Well, we are pretty flexible with the area, as we are planning from out of town, but maybe the N/NW suburbs area?
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! :) Advice: I would change your Knottie name to not youremail or name. Since it's an email you're more prone to vendor harassment or spamming. :(
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    LeaseFrankLeaseFrank member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory on Belle Isle!!! You can use the indoor space for up to about 30 people or the formal garden out front of the building for larger weddings. I am getting married there in May. it was $200 for a 2 hour rental time plus chairs. I am using tenteventsmich dot com for my chairs- their price is unbeatable. Let me know if you need any other information LeaseFrank at gmail. com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards