Michigan-Detroit
Options

seatting chart

My fiance has a small family (Like the movie my big fat greek wedding) and i have a huge family and for the seatting chart his main family only fills half of a table is it okay to put them with my main family table? or do I put his other relatives that really dont know him that well at his main family table?

Re: seatting chart

• Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people can sit at a table and by main table do you mean his parents head table?  If it's his parents head table, I would just ask his parents what they would like.  If it is like cousins and stuff, I think you can do either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i can fit 10 at a table and he only has 4 at his parents table (mom dad brother and sister in law) he doesnt have a grandma or grandpa and his mom and dad are not that close with his aunts and other family
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp... ask them what they would like.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask your parents if they want to host their own table first.   I had a similiar issue and I found out that my parents actually wanted their own head table.  It had been important to them because my mom wanted her only brother & wife, and my grandma to sit there for 100% sure.  I assumed ok great, I told FI parents to come up with their head table.  Well, they not only did that, they did their entire side of the family  ( I was annoyed because this was the ONE thing FI and I would be able to do together, just the two of us, in the entire wedding planning because I live in another state) and in that seating chart, they put themselves sitting with my parents...after I had told them to come up with their own....ugh! Caused a little drama, but we ended up putting our parents together at same table with my mom's brother and grandma.  FI's family just didn't have anyone else at the table. So if it is important to your family to have their own, then simply ask your fi parents who they would like at their table.
  • Options
    cindaycinday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask them what they would like, definitely. I agree with PPs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards