Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR Freak Outs

back story: my dog (chessie/lab mix) is 14 years old. Yes, that's way old for a doggie of this size and breed. her only real problems are arthritis in the hips/shoulders and a nerve degeneration thing in her back which sometimes makes her body think it's time for pooping. so she's healthy with some old lady issues. here's my freak out: when she sleeps she breathes really slowly- sometimes i'll look at her and she doesnt breathe for two or three seconds and i flip! so i make a big noise and wake her up.... i'm an awful owner. lol anyone else have weird stupid split-second freak outs like this????
Bio Update 4.25.10
imageimage
Amanda Williams Photography

Re: NWR Freak Outs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a legitimate fear. My cat is really young but I still get nervous when he sleeps really hard or something. Or when he throws up I'm convinced he's swallowed something he shouldn't and he's in trouble.Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night CONVINCED there is someone in my room and I jump out of bed and sprint to the bathroom! And if that's not a random split-second freak out I dunno what is!I think you're much less crazy then me at least ;-)
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    every once in awhile when im not at home. I think of something awful that could have happened to Winston... and I start freaking out until I come home to see my little poopers shaking his a$$ for me. Everytime I think about losing him I start getting teary eyed. FI thinks i love my dog more than him... hey they are close, but FI is still loved more... hehe.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards