Michigan-Detroit

WR Vent Kinda Long Sorry

I just want to cancel everything and just go get married in a court room or in vegas. I am so tired of all the WR drama and politics. My mom wants to be really involved and put in her 2 cents but only once I have made a decision. Example: She told me she wants to help with the invitations... I sent her a list of ones I liked. She emails back and says they are too expensive which Ia m fine with. Then I asked what she had in mind budget wise and she said I'm not sure but that's too much. Ugh give me some answers!! Small dumb detail but I am annoyed because I don't think we can have a rehearsal for the wedding because the venue usually has events booked for Thursday and most of my OOT WP can't make it in until Friday which I get but still annoyed. Ok I am done.... I am sure I am just having a moment.... I can't be the only one who feels this way sometimes can I??
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR Vent Kinda Long Sorry

• edited December 2011
    I still have a year to go and I hear ya! Can you maybe have a rehearsal dinner somewhere else to kind of "run through" everything with everyone. Make sure they know what they are doing etc?
  • edited December 2011
    So happy to hear I'm not alone... Thats a good idea I may figure something out like that.
  • edited December 2011
    To be honest... I felt the same way! I was done with the drama. Done with the planning. Done. Done. Done. But, the wedding day was beautiful. More amazing than I could've ever hoped. I was so happy we didn't change our plans and elope on some beach! (A destination wedding would be BEAUTIFUL though, don't get me wrong.) But, I was so happy to have the day. Every agonizing detail and discussion was WORTH it! Hang in there lady!
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto 100% what Detroitgirl said. Hang in there!
  • edited December 2011
    We've been thinking of doing the rehearsal somewhere else. Really shouldn't be a big deal as long as everyone is on time to get acquainted with the place the day of. No one gives me answers either. FMIL has been promising a guest list for 4 weeks. I stopped holding my breath on that one. If they want people invited they have to tell me or TS for them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Its nice to hear this from girls have crossed to the other side lol. I know I can do it and make it till the big day with most of my sanity still in tact but now I know what people mean when they say planning is stressful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Our parents really don't want to help or put their 2 cents in.So don't complain,you could have the feeling like I do that no one seems to care. I bet that is annoying though when she says they are too expensive but doesn't tell you what her view is on prices.
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom has shown similar signs of putting her 2 cents in. I understand she's just trying to help, but it just add's to the stress. It's going to be a big day for her, but it's also ours (FI's and mine that is..), his parents and family, etc.. Hang in there!!
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  I really think my mom is causing me the most stress in this entire process. 
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I'm lucky my parents aren't butting in too much (surprisingly since they're paying for the reception).  But the guest list drama has been enough for me to want to say F it and go to Vegas.  It's mostly the people who aren't invited begging, pleading and harrassing us about not being invited (mostly on Mike's side - his sister's whorey friends, that is).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards