Michigan-Detroit
Options

Cool or uncool?

So I've been thinking about getting a chocolate fountain for like cocktail hour and/or dessert time. But part of me feels like it's not cool anymore. What do you think? What are you doing? Got any other ideas for me? TIA

Re: Cool or uncool?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it, I wish I could have had one. Target sells them for decent prices online. Check with your venue though, it might count as outside food and they might not allow it, or charge extra.
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in mind, that if there are children at the reception, you run an excellent chance of chocolate hand prints on your gown.
  • Options
    richersrichers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes Gail!! I never thought of that!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were debating on a chocolate fountain/desert table and when we talked to the our close family they said "what's the point, you are paying enough for the cake!?" So...it's really about what YOU want. We decided (after being at events with chocolate fountains) that it really wasn't for us. If you want a chocolate fountain and think it's the coolest thing on the block then do it!Better to regret having done something, than to always regret not doing it!
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having one during cocktail hour might spoil their dinner. I would stick to having it as a dessert.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cool, but I also agree with other PP's that 1) it's better for dessert than cocktail hour because no one can eat "just one" chocoloate covered strawberry, even if it is before dinner; and 2) that it's cool as long as there are no little kids present, because they will be all over that thing.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Tammara7Tammara7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's very cool. That was one thing I really wanted. I am so glad we got it. Everyone loved it. Plus it looked awesome. We had a large one not the ones you can buy in the stores.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Boys Lawson, Lucas and Landon
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding a couple years ago that had one before and after dinner. But I didn't think of the little kid factor.....yikes!
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin did one during cocktail hour. I'm personally not a fan, but it's your wedding, not mine ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you get one, definitely have it afterwards. One of the venues we visited had one and used fruit on a skewer. He let me try it. Needless to say, it was all over me. lol That was it for me...a big fat NO. If you have kids there, I would hope that the parents would make sure they stay away. I would also like to think that there will be an attendant there as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards