Michigan-Detroit
Options

Did you love your DRESS at first sight?

Hi Brides! I have been dress shopping recently and have found a few that are really nice. I'm wondering if other brides have 'just known it was the one'... I'm terrible at making decisions and am worried I might look forever for the perfect dress and pass up something really great, never finding 'the one'.

Re: Did you love your DRESS at first sight?

• Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from David's so I had picked out some online that I really liked. When I put on "the one" I knew! I tried on the rest that I had picked out but I went back to "the one." I didn't really believe that I would just know but I did. Good luck and have fun! Dress shopping should be fun not stressful! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know. I tried on probably 300+ dresses, went to about 40 shops in about 3 months. I hated dress shopping. Anyways, it was coming down to crunch time, I had to pick out the one I liked the best. I never got the feeling. I love my dress though, but I totally didn't get the feeling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hated dress shopping because i wasnt finding anything i liked but I went this store in plymouthand I didnt even want to try my dress on because i thought it wasnt me but i love it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at David's, but before I had looked online to see what was in stock. I had five favorites online and my number one favorite. I tried my number one favorite on first and it was the one! I knew instantly. I still tried on a million other dresses that day but knew the first one was it!!
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first dress that I had that feeling with ended up not being the one I purchased. I totally had the feeling with it and everything, but in the back of my head, I kept thinking about this other dress that I had seen in magazines. IT was hard to find the dress in the mags, but I finally found it and tried it on. I knew it was what I wanted, but didn't have the same feeling as I did with the first one. It was more like "yep this is what I want", very nonchalant... but it was more me, more unique, and more suitable for a summer wedding with an outdoor reception. I am sure if I continued to go dress shopping I would get that feeling again and again... but the dress I chose, is perfect, and the price was right.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am horrible at making decissions too. The way I decided was at each store when I was trying on dresses I would ask if they had "my dress" just to compare. Finally, someone said, you have tried on "this dress" 20 times for comparison I think it's the one! LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on tons of dresses dragging my bestie along with me and ended up hating every dress. I felt like a kid playing dress up or a big fat white cupcake. Finally I saw my dress online and I "knew" it was the one. Almost double my original budget (without alterations) and I had to pay to have a sample shipped from California to try on and I LOVED IT!! I think most brides know when they try the dress on that its "the one" I couldnt stop smiling. Normally I hate dresses...HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a few that I really liked...could've been happy with any of 'em. I chose the one out of that group that made my Mom cry....best decision ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my dress, but I never got that overwhelming feeling it was 'the one'.  I was constantly looking at it online, I tried it on about 20 times and was comparing every other dress to it. That's when I figured, its probably the one I should get. Enjoy shopping!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cwimer6154cwimer6154 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to two stores and had tried on over a dozen dresses and really hadn't gotten that feeling yet.  I was starting to get discouraged.  Then it was time to try on the next dress (David's Bridal V8377).  I had seen it in the catalogue but didn't think all the lace was something that I wanted.  Well, I walked out of the dressing room and got goose bumps down my legs!  I knew it was the one! I bought it that day.  The dress just fit my body perfectly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one style in mind from the internet and magazines that I was sure I wanted. I went to the shop and got a couple of dresses that fit the style I originally wanted, but they weren't jumping out at me. Then I did a lap around the store and the first dress that I grabbed because I just really liked it was the one I ended up choosing. I liked it so much that I tried it on first, and I didn't want to try on the other 20 dresses. I tried them all on anyway, but I went with that first dress. I just knew it was the right one for me.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards