Michigan-Detroit
Options

E-Ring Insurance Help

I recently got engaged and my fiance and I have been looking into insurance for the e-ring.  The place we get our renter's insurance from has a policy in which they buy the replacement ring and they decide where the ring is from.  My ring is from Tiffany's and ideally if anything happened to it, we'd want to replace it with another Tiffany's ring.Does anyone know of any insurance companies that allow the insured to choose where the ring is from?  Or even they would cut a check for the value of the ring so that the insured can replace it?Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: E-Ring Insurance Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went through State Farm and if I lost my ring they would cut me a check. They just need the official appraisal from the jeweler and they needed to see the ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW- CONGRATS!!
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Mine is insured through our homeowner's policy (Allstate) we had to provide an appraisal with a photo in order to have the standard jewelry limit increased to cover the value of the ring. But they will cut me a check for the value if it is stolen or needs to be replaced.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also have our insurance through State Farm. They write me a check. I also had to send them an appraisal with a pic of the ring. They cover it if it's lost or stolen or broken or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a co-worker that has both her e-ring and wedding band insured through Jeweler's Mutual, so maybe give them a try!  http://www.jewelersmutual.com/
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks so much ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards