Michigan-Detroit
Options

Necklace Opinions

Hi All, I found a necklace that I like for the wedding. I think it has a vintage kind of appeal, and would go well with the overall look I'm going for. I will be wearing hair combs (my veil attaches to them, then the veil comes off for the reception and the combs stay). And a necklace, I think any more then studs for earrings would be too much.Anyway, my mom is concerned that the necklace I've found will distract from the dress, or be overpowering. There are pics of both in the "attire" section of my bio.Thoughts?

Re: Necklace Opinions

• Options
    RachelCheetahRachelCheetah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No no no, it's gorgeous!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will look fabulous. Its a gorgeous necklace.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your mom. While I love the necklace, your dress has a lot of detail. I would keep the jewelry very simple but that's just me! Obviously you will still look great no matter which way you go, small details :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is the most perfect necklace for you, definitely! I think it would look terrific with that dress!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    handleyphandleyp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you buy that necklace?  I really love it.  I think it will look great with your dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same debate myself, because I love big necklaces, but I share your mom's concern that a big necklace will draw all the attention away from the dress.  And given how much money wedding dresses cost, I really don't want that.  That being said, your dress has a simple silhouette, and a low neckline, so I think you could pull of this necklace.  And it's your day, so do what makes you happy!
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The necklace is really pretty! I sort of agree it might take away from the dress a little, especially since the straps on the dress are so pretty. But if you love it, I say go for it!
  • Options
    katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a closer picture of the top of your dress?  I think it might work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that necklace and I think it will look great with your dress! I loved I Do Too Bridal in Plymouth. That's where I found my dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the closest picture I have on me right now:[img] http://tinyurl.com/ybubc96 [/img](that's a bad pic of me and my MOH) Another decision is whether to go with the straps or not! ugh, too many choices...
  • Options
    katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the closer picture!  I think it would work and JMO I would go without straps.  Very pretty dress and love the detail!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to revise my opinion to say if you keep the straps then I don't think the necklace would go but if there's no straps then yes on the necklace. Personally, I prefer the dress without straps.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The necklace is gorgeous, and I love the dress. I think that the necklace would compliment the dress very nicely
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im way late... but I totally agree that it is gorgeous, and will definitley not detract!! Perfect!
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards