Michigan-Detroit
Options

Vendor Reviews

I know I disappeared from this board a while ago but I thought it was super important to leave vendor reviews because they were always so helpful to me. If you have any questions, please email me at cassoftroy at gmail dot com Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}   Day of Coordinator - TwoFoot Creative  A+ Ana and her assistant Ashley (sp?) were amazing. They were both so professional, organized, and they got everything done. There was a torrential downpour immediately before the ceremony started and as soon as the rain ended they were out there wiping down chairs. They helped the DJ cue the music. Everything was set up perfectly and I loved not having to worry about anything. I could go on and on. If any issue came up, Ana and Ashley handled it. I only wish that I had hired TwoFoot for full on wedding planning.   Photographer - The Shooting Gallery A+ Dionne and Joe were great. Dionne will do anything for great pictures. I think she is an artist not simply a photographer. The best thing is that Dionne and Joe have amazing bubbly personalities. It was nice to spend the wedding day with people whose company you enjoy. I highly recommend the Shooting Gallery. Dionne did our engagement photos which I love, so I don’t even have to put pending on this review.   Cake/Cupcakes - Christine’s Cakes A+ I loved our cake and cupcakes. They were delicious and super cute. Our guests raved about the cupcakes which were Christine’s poured chocolate cupcakes. (Imagine a super fresh Ho-Ho in cupcake form)   Shutterbooth A+ Everyone loved the Shutterbooth. The attendant, Michelle, was really nice and she made a great guest book for us. When I was contemplating getting a photobooth my Mom said that the idea was tacky. I ordered it anyways and my Mom even loved it. I think my Mom was in the booth more than I was.     Caterer - Epoch Catering A+ Everyone says that you barely have time to eat at your own wedding. Unfortunately, that was true for us. The food that I did have was superb. Instead of a sit down dinner we had strolling stations that consisted of a Turkey station, Fruit-Cheese-Crudités station, and a Potatoes your way station. I did have a bit of something from all the stations and the food was to die for. I am mad that I didn’t have time to get more. We also had passed hors d'oeuvres like BBQ Oriental duck, Mini Crab Cakes, and Bacon Wrapped Scallops – I was too busy to have any of these but I heard they were great.   Bridal Gown - Distinctive Designs Bridal A (Maryland Based) This was the only salon in the area that had the dress I wanted. I liked that I was left alone to try on dresses and browse through their collection. I personally don’t like hovering sales people, so this was definitely the place for me. One minor issue was that when I called after my dress was a few weeks late in arriving the girl on the phone seemed very aloof like ‘what is the big deal.’ However, the owner of the Bridal Salon (who also was a former Apprentice) called me the next day, explained why the dress was late and went out of her way to make sure that my fears were calmed.         Florist - Michele Nonis A+ The flowers were great. I have no complaints. I made a million changes to our floral order and Michele took them all in stride. Our bouquets consisted of the Yves Piaget garden rose and the smell was amazing. It was like carrying around an open bottle of perfume.   Linens/Chairs/Lighting - Special Events  A+ I worked with Andi at Special Events and she was great. All the linens and chairs looked great and I very happy that we ordered uplighting for the dance floor. It was all there on time and I have no complaints. Hubby forgot to order linens for the DJ table and I called Special Events the morning of the wedding and they were MORE than accommodating getting those linens to us.     Makeup – ShalondaA A+ Shalonda A is an amazing makeup artist. She does a smashing job. I loved my makeup and it stayed put all day long. I highly recommend going to her. I had a trial with Shalonda and she also did my makeup for engagement photos.   Cranbrook – I can’t leave a review for legal reasons.

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards