Michigan-Detroit
Options

Any crazy inlaws to be?

My sister in law to be (unfortunately) is nuts! And a betch to top it! The first time i met her (a yr and a half ago out of state) she jumped down my throat yelling at me for taking videos of the family.. and her.. on my cam corder. she took my memory card and erased all of the pics with her in it from our Vacation. Haven't talked to her since. Now she is on FB and wants to be my best friend and keeps calling me 'sis'... PUKE! Everything I post she is on top of it giving me her opinion and if i don't get back to her she is freaking out on my wall "heeeelllllooooooo??" and "Check you chat box!!!!!!" (which i ignore half the time).Do you have any crazy inlaws?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any crazy inlaws to be?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "Do you have any crazy inlaws?"Yes, all of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No thank god. Your sis-inlaw sounds like a wacko. She actuially took your camera and erased all the pictures. We would have a throw down. Thats horrible. Thanks go she is out of state.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are kooky, but not nuts. My FMIL's ex-husbands wife (following?) got mad at me one Christmas in a group game we were all playing because I was doing well. I didn't know it at the time because we were all a little intoxicated, but that's about it.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    JPtachJPtach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, not like yours.. I think you win in the Crazy In Law category! I can't believe she did that! That was unbelievably rude! I love my FMIL but sometimes she can be hurtful, my fiancee is her only child and I think post wedding its going to be an adjustment. Last weekend she kept saying at the wedding we all attended how much she loves "traditional weddings" Ours isn't traditional its on the beach on Tybee Island, so I was kind of hurt. So I asked her privately if she has a problem with our wedding since it's not traditional. Her response "It's your wedding, its whatever you want, not what I want" Kind of an ambiguous answer. Oh well..and she really hasn't taken any interest in planning. I honestly don't know what to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...I'm w/ Lisa. If she were my SIL, there would've been a throw down. That's unreal. I'd suggest hiding her on FB, but that'll just make things worse! Fortunately, my DH's family is great. There are a couple of oddballs & his dad is a PITA, but nothing crazy. I probably have more drama on my side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wish my sil would take MY camera and erase MY pics and video's! I would have kicked her a$$. she is crazy! My in laws are very nice, however my MIL is weird. She lives in England, but I have met her 3 times and we talk on the phone often. But she is very strange. Hope that changes...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FMIL is sweet and she really means well (I'm sure), but she can definitely be a bit much to handle.  If she wants/needs something, it needs to be done NOW regardless of what you are doing at that moment.  If she has a get-together, it is on HER time regardless of your obligations (such work).  She likes to schedule dinners for 5pm.  Ummm...I work until 5pm and it takes at least an hour to drive from Saginaw to Gaines.  As much as I would like to have a time machine, I don't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!  You had me at erasing the memory card when the word "nut job" kicked in! FI's family is all pretty cool (his parents are deceased but he has 7 siblings, with 7 in laws and 17 nieces/nephews).  Only thing is, when they drink they show their a$$.  Fights have broken out at the last 2 family weddings, and just about every family birthday party. I'm worried it'll happen at ours too.  Thank god for my big, college football playing cousins.....we have volunteered bouncers for our wedding day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PUKE!! Yes I have crazy in-laws.Maybe just FMIL ugh.I am glad my FSIL is only 9 lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow - luckily his family is normal its mine that's weird. We aren't crazy like deleting people's memory cards, more like singing weird songs and just being goofy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My H's family can be a handful. I just make it a point to smile politely and do things my own way -- there's one person in particular who's kind of controlling, but I'm not afraid to push back at all. Could become a bigger issue if we have kids, I think.
  • Options
    karolinawsukarolinawsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My inlaws are "okay" but my future sister in law is rude, she got engaged 5 months after us, and announced there wedding date. A WEEK BEFORE MINE!!!!! I hope she goes on her honeymoon and stays there. I can just imagine the chaos july 2010. We tried talking to her, but of course she refuses. I even had to change my reception location (after we already booked it) because she wanted to do it there too. (We booked Pennas, and she was booking Villa Penna) PASS!!! INLAWS SAY NO COMMENT! REALLY???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the picture fiasco, I definitely would have had a thrown down right then and there and I wouldn't have cared who saw!  There's crazy people on both sides.  When you hear the word "white trash" a few ppl in my family make the list (still can't believe that my Mom is in anyway related to these ppl and DH feels the same).  As for inlaws (lovingly referred to as "outlaws"), they really aren't crazy as much as controlling (DH's sisters).  If it's not done their way it's wrong (and they live out of state!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UGHHHH....YES!!! My FMIL is a bbiiiiooottcchhh!!!! She hasn't even told us "congratulations" on our engagement yet!! Supposedly she is happy for us, but she has yet to show it. Then, she forced my FFIL to offer to take our wedding pictures as our gift from them..ummm, how exactly is he supposed to be in them?? We want him to enjoy the wedding and celebrate, not work..grr.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its been a while since I posted...but I can beat you all with the craziness and dramatastic IN LAWS!!  Just way to complex to type out right now..
  • Options
    jchytiljchytil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Inlaws are not crazy but just "different". The first week after me and my FI got engaged his mother proceeded to tell me you know we are simple people you don't need to plan some big wedding. In my head I was like ummmm I've waited 31 years to meet the love of my life and to have my dream wedding it will not be simple lol  She also didn't understand why we were having an engagement shoot or why I needed to get special linens when the reception site provides them. I told her those are square tablecloths that they provide and we are haveing round tables I want my linens to the floor and she told me it was a waste.  So I always just take a deep breath whenever she is around me and discussing the wedding lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we all have an interesting future ahead of us! It is bizarre to 'adopt' a new family and learn all there nutty ways and bad apples.Hearing everyone else's stories makes my feel better!BTW.. please excuse all my spelling mistakes.. i was a horrible student! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards