Michigan-Detroit
Options

? about registering

FI and I are not planning on having a shower, mainly due to money constraints. He asked today if we still needed to register for those people that may want to buy something for the wedding. I wasn't planning on it, but now I don't know. What do you think?

Re: ? about registering

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would.  A lot of older guests like to buy things off your registry for the wedding instead of giving cash.  You don't have to do a big registry - just pick one store and register for some of the basics!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need to have a shower to register. I would recommend it because like pp said...people will want to buy you gifts and not just give money so definitely set one up (just don't put that info on your wedding invitation, please). You can keep it fairly simple, doesn't need to have a million things on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    people will still buy you gifts for the wedding, you should still register! And you and FI don't throw yourselves a shower, close family and friends throw them for you. For example, my aunt and MOH offered to throw me a shower together and then one of FIs family friends is giving us a Jack & Jill (that's a co-ed shower).
  • Options
    *LBR**LBR* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand that usually the bride and groom don't throw the shower, however, I've been married before. My parents took care of most of that stuff the first time and I simply don't have the heart to ask them again, so we are paying for the majority of our wedding on our own. Thanks for the input ladies, we kind of knew that we should, just wanted some confirmation. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards