Michigan-Detroit
Options

Sweetest Day Plans anyone?

I guess not too many care about Sweetest Day anymore.. anyone doing something special this weekend? As a teen, my friends and I would always say Valentine's Day is for the girls and Sweetest Day is for the guys.. LOL I must admit..I am kind of still the same way....though we often do sweet things for each other, I thought it would still be nice to do something for him this weekend..so I am going to steal one of my BFF's idea and make Damian a "favorite things" basket..cook a nice dinner, and watch whatever "man flick" he wants to rent..LOL

Re: Sweetest Day Plans anyone?

• Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had this discussion the other day & the consensus was that Sweetest Day is for the boys. I told him I'd buy him some shoes ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always forget about Sweetest Day, but we don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. Aren't I lucky! :) I may offer to take him out to dinner though.Fi's more of a surprise her with a clean house randomly kinda romantic than flowers and chocolate guy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to the CMU/WMU football game. I'm a Central alum, he went to Western. Big Rivals! I guess watching a footbally game is more "for him" (but when CMU wins, it will totally be for me!!)
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't celebrate Sweetest Day or Valentines Day.  Just another day for Hallmark to make money.  Usually we stay home and relax.  This year we are having the gang over (15 people) to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary (on Saunday).  We did get married on Sweetest Day last year and many of our friends (male that is) thanked us for getting out of taking their wives/girlfriends out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Catstoy, that's hilarious that the men were happy to not take out their ladies! FI/I think the same way about the hallmark holidays.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booger+Bear - I know, DH & I laughed when they all told us that.  Wonder what the guys are going to do this year for them?  They only holidays we really celebrate are: July 4th, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.   Sweetest Day and Valentines Day to us is just another day. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be at my coworkers' wedding, so we won't really be celebrating it this year. Too poor.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are going on a walking food tour in Royal Oak with another couple. We didn't really plan it as a Sweetest Day outing but it works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even know it was going to be Sweetest Day!! So I guess that means we aren't doing anything lol... unless FI remembered and is surprising me (LOL). If anything we will do date night dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No real plans yet. We may go to dinner or something. side note: that walking food tour in Royal Oak seems like it could be fun.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only did Sweetest Day the first year we dated, haven't really since. It's close to my birthday so I've never made a big thing out of it. Nice twist though to focus on FI, I'll have to think up some ideas..
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a wedding on Sweetest Day. Our 4 year anniversary is the 19th, so I told him we should go to Melting Pot on Sunday, if we're not too hungover. :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards