Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor venue to have ceremony and reception

I am looking for a nice place to plan an entire outdoor event next year in July. Anyone know or been to a nice wedding/reception outdoors in the Detroit/Ann Arbor/Brighton area?

Re: Outdoor venue to have ceremony and reception

• Options
    elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are about the thousandth bride who wants such a setting, and they are mighty hard to find! It does take some searching, and prices are all over the map. Usually you can get the ceremony outdoors, but the reception is indoors - although many places have big window-walls with a fine garden view, and sometimes an attached outdoor terrace. At some places you can have a tent on the lawn. If you have a smaller wedding, many B&Bs offer a lovely setting. There have also been good reports of Addison Oaks. Although I think it is in Oakland or Macomb county. Some possibilities (some places you must be or be sponsored by a member, some are open to anyone): Matthaei Gardens, Ann Arbor Ann Arbor City Club Garden Park of Holly Heavenly Scent Herb Farm, Fenton (they may not do weddings next year though) Wheatfield Inn, Williamston Stonebridge Golf Club, Ann Arbor Barton Hills Country Club, Ann Arbor Fox Hills Country Club, Plymouth Whispering Pines Golf Club, Pinckney Lakelands Golf Club, Brighton
  • Options
    emu_bride2bemu_bride2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll add Cobblestone Farm in Ann Arbor again.  That's where we had our wedding.  PIB.  The grounds are large enough that you could easily have everything outside, with or without a tent.Lakelands golf course in Brighton is pretty.Mill Race Historical Village in Northville. Weller's in Saline.Waldenwoods in Hartland.  It's nestled in the woods on a lake, but I'm not sure where you'd have an outdoor reception there.  It's worth looking into though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards