Michigan-Detroit
Options

Detroit area photographers and average cost

I am looking for a photographer for the Detroit metro area, and was also curious as to what others have paid for theirs.  Thanks so much for your help

Re: Detroit area photographers and average cost

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer travels to the Detroit area for free, she offers all day coverage, a cd of all my wedding photos and copyright to all the photo's. She also includes an engagement session with a cd, with copyright to all those photo's as well. There is more included in the package..She is $1500. www.amyboevephotgraphy.com
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amanda Williams. Her package is $1250. [url]www.amandawilliamsphotography.com[/url] There are a ton of great photographers in this area, I would say that an "average" is about $1800-$2000. You'll find a lot of great recs in the $1200-$1500 range and you'll also get some great recs in the $2000-$3000 range. It all depends on what your budget is.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brandi, I think her price is $2000 now...at least it was last time I looked.I am using Amy Boeve as well...highly recommend her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    emu_bride2bemu_bride2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll recommend our photographer, Katie Halton Photography.  PIB.  She charges between $2,500-$5,000.  See her website for package breakdowns.www.katiehaltonphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photog is Kreativ Imaging. He charges $1500 and it includes all day coverage and also a free engagement session.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tammy LaBar (Tres Jolie Photography) 1500...but offers different packages. We went with the one with the engagement and extra photog. She is really personable and excited to shoot our wedding..that's why we booked her.
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [url]http://kblphotography.carbonmade.com/about/[/url] she has 3 different packages, all 3 are very affordable & she is great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,I would highly recommend our photographer:www.photographybysuman.comCheck out his blog here:www.photographybysuman.com/blogI paid $2500 for his services and he was fantastic! I would say that it all depends on what you want/envision your day to look like and what kind of pictures you want. I personally wanted AMAZING photos of my event and my research showed that very few really created something unique, something different, yet had that WOW! factor. In the end, we went with Suman and he was great! He has different packages, so make sure you check them out and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amber Hunt Photography ( [url]http://www.amberhuntphotography[/url] ) is awesome -- packages start at $1,400. We loved working with Amber and Elijah. We found her early in our planning last year and paid $1,500, so her price list from last year is not the same as this year's. Excellent photos. We were so happy. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Amour Photography, Amy the owner was booked when we booked our wedding, but Judy another one of her photographers is doing our wedding. They both have been fabulous to work with so far. There prices start at $1600 and go up from there. We are paying 1850 for all day coverage at unlimited locations, all rights to our pics, online proofing and a 30 page album that we get to design ourselve, plus an 11x14 photo of us. Judy is going to be with us girls from the start of the day at the salon all the way through our reception until she gets all the shots that we want. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, check out thier website and if you book with them tell them Julie W. recommend you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tonir319tonir319 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using TammyB Photography and she is amazing.  I'm actually having a destination wedding and she is flying to St. Thomas to shoot the wedding!  I know locally her packages start at $1250, but you also get complete printing rights to your photos (which is important to find out from the other photogs). She's extremely nice and VERY responsive.  Highly recommend her! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Little Meatball

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards