Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony time

Hello! I have a question! I have been debating what time My Fiance and I should do our ceremony at the church. Our reception starts at 7 at Barrister Garden which is only within 5 minutes from the church. Our pastor said by the time the church service starts to finish and then getting all the guests out it will probally take 45 minutes. I want to have time for pictures.... So do you think I should do 5 or 5:30? How did everyone else do planning between events when they are at two different locations?

Re: Ceremony time

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Assume the service will take an hour (cuz it will go longer or start later)...then leave an hour for pictures. We are doing our ceremony at 5:00, having a cocktail hour, and then dinner at 7.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend 5 so that you're not rushing through pictures.  Our ceremony is starting at 4 and the reception at 6.  We're only expecting the ceremony to take 20 minutes, but by the time we're done with the receiving line, it will be close to 5.  All the guests can go to the reception (less than 5 minutes away) for cocktail hour and appetizers while we take pictures.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emzielinskiemzielinski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our dinner was at 7:30 and our service started at 5:00. We had a Roman Catholic Mass, and even though we didn't do the Unity Candle or Roses to Mary, our ceremony still lasted 65 minutes. Give yourself the extra 1/2 hour so you're not feeling rushed the day of. Our hall was a 10 minute drive from the church, so we had them open at 6:00 with a bar and appetizers for our guests while we did photos. We ended up getting there about 7:10 - the timing was perfect! Barrister Gardens is a beautiful venue. My cousin got married there in 2005. We all had a great time!
  • Options
    aeruss07aeruss07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards