Michigan-Detroit
Options

**charisse_howard**

welcome to the boards! At least I think you are new???..and you already had your wedding??? I would love to see photo's!! Can you list out your vendors? i'm sure this would be helpful to us... :)

Re: **charisse_howard**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She lists her vendors in every post.  LOL!And yeah, I was a little confused because I thought she was new, but she was married 10/3...so...I don't know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I was a little confused too....but would love to hear more about your wedding!  : )
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BAAHAHAHA... I cant tell you how annoyed I was getting with her posts & replies. I totally almost called her out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi guys!!Yes, I am new! And yes, I recently got married. The funny thing is that I never really did much research on the Knot before my wedding, but after having gone through the entire process, I miss the prep work and the fun and excitement! That's why I thought I'd try and still keep in touch with "virtual brides" and try and help them with my suggestions and also be a part of the process through them :)I got married in the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester Hills. My husband's name is Patrick. We were introduced through mutual friends at a party. We got married in the conservatory at the Royal Park and had the reception in the ball room. As someone already pointed out, most of my vendors are listed in my sig, except my flower and card vendors, who I need to add to my sig.If I can help you guys out in any way with tips, ideas, etc, please let me know! As for my pics, our photographer (Photography by Suman) only released a teaser for us, so I have yet to see all the pics, but we loved the pics that he did put up. You can see some of the pics in my Knot profile. If you guys are looking for an awesome photographer (and I know that we all have our favorites), definitely look up his website and his work. He was funny, energetic and most of all, took a blend of dramatic and candid shots, which we wanted. Here is his blog if you also want to see him talk about his personal life and personal pics he takes:www.photographybysuman.com/blogMy videographer was Magic Productions. Mike, the main guy was great as well! He is pricey (we paid $4k for our video), but his work is awesome and he also shoots in high definition (new stuff he added to his portfolio).Our DJ was DJ Sandman. He plays on the radio stations and is pretty well known. He had the party going all night with his unique remixes. He plays all sorts - pop, hip hop, etc but most of all, he listened to our needs (what songs to play when, etc) and did exactly what we needed him to do.Let me know if I can help any of you guys out in any way! Thanks!CharisseMy Photographer: www.photographybysuman.comMy Videographer: Magic ProductionsMy DJ: DJ Sandman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **l&bbaby** - Why are you annoyed with me? I'm just here to participate in the conversation with different people and have fun and try and help out.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Charisse - Are your teaser pictures up on his blog or not yet?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this your wedding? Great pics. [ur]http://photographybysuman.com/blog/?p=1375[/url] How'd it get listed in August if you got married in October? How odd.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^BWHAHA...totally called out!  You got married on August 23rd...or October 3rd? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You said you got married at the Royal Park Hotel but on your photog's blog, it states you got married at GPWC? I'm confused...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and you got married at the Gross Pointe War Memorial?  Gee, lots of lies.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait, it says on your photog's blog that you got married in August at the Grosse Pointe War memorial?  Or am I totally looking at the wrong post?

• Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ thats interesting. Bc I am, I dont have to give an explanation other then fact that all you do is throw your vendors into every conversation. Its annoying, just sayin... kthxbai.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAAHA - We should all go into business as private investigators.  :)

• Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CALLLLLLLED OUTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I seemed to be the focus of the boards here.I did get married in August. I don't know where you are getting the Oct date from? Why would I lie here about my wedding date? What good would that do me??? I dont understand...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Your vendors are not in your signature...you type them into every post you do.  If they were in your signature, they would be below a line...like everyone else's signatures.  Really annoying when you put it in every single post.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg I'm thoroughly confused now...who? what? where? when? something's not right here...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    catsfancy... good work
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Says October 3rd here...why would The Knot lie?  You obviously entered it in that way...[url]http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?UserName=charisse_howard[/url]
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF? Who lies about where they got married, and posts lots of links to their vendors so you can see the pics of them getting married, not at the place they said they were married at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is an error on my part then....I have not set up my entire profile yet....something I need to focus on in the following days.And my signature does not work when I enter stuff in there, which is why I've had to do it manually. And if you read my posts here, I talk about a lot of stuff with a lot of people - helping them with bridal party ideas, giving them info on magnetic save the dates, etc....just because I am happy with my vendors and mention them in my signature does not mean I don't talk about stuff that helps others out.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    regardless of the date, the venue's are WAYYYYY off... still good work CatsFancy P.I. :-p
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I just missed everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO...Sassypants came out to play again.  It was only a matter of time before I cracked...again.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's cool if you put the wrong date in, Charisse, but you said above that you got married at the Royal Park hotel and in your photographer's blog, it says you got married at the GP War Memorial....  What's up with that?

• Options
    efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woah, I'm with Kim... Whats going on??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Charisse - uh oh! What have I started? I hope it's some miscommunication going on with all this confusing info. I saw your pics on the blog! Very lovely, but the dates seem to be off?? Could just be a crazy mishap.I wasn't trying to call you out at all, just wanted to welcome you to the board. I was just curious because you are already married and just now posting on the boards and I am obsessed with seeing how a brides wedding day turns out. :) Yeah, you should probably take your vendors out of you siggy. You can just create a bio and put all your info in your bio.you don't want to have all your vendors in your siggy b/c that shows up everytime you post a message or reply..which could be a bit annoying. But that's okay. just create a bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^ Brandi, ever the peacemaker.  Still love ya though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can see why that is confusing and I wish people would let me explain before getting so worked up.We had 2 weddings - a Catholic one and a muslim wedding (my husband is muslim). The Catholic wedding was at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial and the muslim wedding (the next day) was at the Royal Park Hotel.If this is how people behave on here towards new members, it makes me sad. At least hear my story before you jump to conclusions and judge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards