Michigan-Detroit
Options

Baby names...wtf

So, a friend of mine just sent me a text telling me that her sister gave birth this morning....the baby's name you ask??Crysler Tannonwtf?!?!I'm all for 'different' names and spellings and such but sometimes I just don't get it. Do you have any odd baby names to share?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby names...wtf

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Crysler, like the bankrupt car company?Gretta is the more unusual from a coworker. And my niece is named Sona.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my HS teachers said her sister worked in a birthing center, and they saw some crazy names. One woman named her daughter Ajoy Iwillbe. I don't know if that's true or not. I also don't get the "Nevaeh" name. Like if you wanna name her Heaven, just name her Heaven. Don't make me look at it for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to say it!
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't heard this story yet, I told FI that he could have his pick of first names (which he had already told me about) if I got my choice for middle name. He thinks his pick guarantees our kid would be an athlete. I'm hoping my pick guarantees this kid won't have this name. What is it, you are still asking?? Juice Boom-fanastic M.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, college friend her name is "Latrina". She will tell you yes like latrin.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aren't latrines outhouses at girl scout camp?
    TTC since 08/2010
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wtf... Ajoy Iwillbe?REALLY!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That teacher was a little insane so I don't know if it's true. It was so strange I never forgot it.
    TTC since 08/2010
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    an associate of mine named her daughterBeyonce Princess... I kid you not!  Another frind of mine named her son Aiden Obama.LOL!! I wish I was making this up!
  • Options
    JPtachJPtach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nevaeh? I thought it was some Hebrew name.. totally wouldn't have put the whole Heaven thing together if you hadn't told me!! lol.. I crack myself up.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lmao at Juice Boom-fantastic M. seriously...great tactic on your part!
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhhhh....at my last job we dealt with a lot of independent contractors (most of whom were retired auto workers that needed something to do with their time). We had a guy named.....................are you ready??? Harry Annis I can't make it up. I just can't. I hated even touching his expense reports lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a first name, but we have an employee whose last name is Nutter-Bear.  I die every time I see it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I got nothin,thats crazy tho.Poor children
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Harry Annis - that's awesome. One of FI's friends is named Richard and he has begun insisting people call him D!ck because he thinks its funny.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I come across a lot of names at my work and I saw a Sparkle the other day. Seriously?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a friends - friend on FB is named "TeQuila"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love how people cannot only come up with crazy names but even crazier ways to spell them!
  • Options
    lnlavequelnlaveque member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha these names are amusing. My FMIL always says that when we pick out names we need to make sure they aren't names that will be easily made fun of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My aunt works for a preschool and a little gir came with a name spelled La-a. Pronounced Ladasha. Seriously...that's how they spelled it! I think that kid is going to have issues when learning to read lol.
  • Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to grade school with a Daniel Daniels. He was a really strange kid. Probably had a lot to do with his name.
  • Options
    JPtachJPtach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La-a. Pronounced Ladasha.Wow.. Did not at all get Ladasha from that.. poor kid, no one will be able to pronounce her name from reading it!
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These were kids in a special ed classroom.  I wonder why?  Shithead - pronounced shuh teedLemonjello/Orangejello - either brothers or cousins I don't remember, pronounced Lamawnjuhlo and Orahnjuhlo
  • Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap. Ladasha?!? wtf.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a person that works for my mom is named perty  yes perty....
    200 Celebrating with us image
    >
    December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Days until I become Mrs. C
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Does this apply to last names, too? LOL no one can ever pronounce mine.. As for first names, I don't have any interesting. A customer called the office yesterday whose name is Miley.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Next door neighbor from childhood is tossing names around for her unborn son, due in January.  She wants Beckett, he wants Cash; her sister and I discussed this and she said she hates the idea of her nephew being named Beckett because it reminds her of a bucket.  LOL Mommy to be originally wanted Ryder but they ditched it because her last name is Hardin.  Ryder Hardin.  LOL
  • Options
    *LBR**LBR* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Being that my FI and I are both teachers and my mom is a labor and delivery nurse, we've heard alot. Abeecee (spelled ABC)Shithead (pronounced Shitheed - use a th blend)Baby girl/Baby boy (never named)Pal (pronounced Paul)Jenna Toll (say it fast)Gosh, I could go on for awhile....so sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late but had to add my 2 cents.  A co-worker of mine named her child Genghis.  
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahah PLease tell me her last name isn't Khan!!!
  • Options
    elkayelkay member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, some of these are astonishing! I once had a very boring job handling lots of forms, so we collected lists of odd names to amuse ourselves. But the ones I remember were tame compared to all your examples. "A co-worker of mine named her child Genghis." One of my friends listed her first name this way in the phone book because she has a very girly first name, an unusual last name, lives alone, and hoped to deter stalkers and such. So far it's worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards