Michigan-Detroit
Options

Card box?

So I am trying to find a creative way, other than purchasing the same old card box from somewhere for our gift table at our wedding....any creative ideas that anyone has seen, used or is using. I am really into the whole DIY for personalization, trying to work on a budget...and just because I love doing stuff myself!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Card box?

• Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad made ours - PIB under DIY. i love it, it's on my table now as a centerpiece :)
  • Options
    mlmamomlmamo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a vintage bird cage at a wedding used as a card box. It was quite pretty. A DIY project could be to make your own card box in the shape of a wedding cake and decorate it to match your wedding colors and theme.Good for you for going the DIY route. Good luck!
  • Options
    Jenna_Bean86Jenna_Bean86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH made a card box for her wedding... it was awesome. you take a lazy susan and buy 4 8 x 10 picture frames, some L brackets, and a piece of cardboard and fabric. you make a box with the picture frames and put the card board at the top cover with fabric and cut a slot. then mount it on the lazy susan.... make sure you put super fun pic of you and your fh in the frames. it turned out super super cute and I will be making on for my wedding also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a pic in my blog under DIY,of the one I just made it was pretty cheap to make and didn't take a lot of time,and it was easy.
  • Options
    Hayley2192Hayley2192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What colors are you using? I'm selling one with the 8x10 pic frames.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our colors are light pink and silver. Our theme is centered around kinda a whimsical garden theme. Thanks everyone for the ideas, keep em coming!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be making something out of cardboard boxes and decorative materials. I haven't got it all worked out yet, but in my head it looks awesome.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used what I thought was a really cool, unique idea. a really large cylinder vase with a ribbon and our monogram at the top. pics in my for sale bio, as we're selling the vase. HTH!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PIB under DIY
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what we're using.  I'm buying one of the scratch and dent ones for 37.50.  They come in white or you can paint them to match.  The company is located here in SE MI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards