Michigan-Detroit
Options

Poll: Dip-Dip

Does anyone love a good dip as much me??? In the spirit of fall, which I think is the best time to make a dip, share your favorite dip!( Nervous: this is my first poll, I hope it's okay to do this)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Poll: Dip-Dip

• Options
    japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This dip is my new obsession, not so great for the wedding diet, but the best thing ever. Hot Corn Dip 1-2 tablespoons butter 2 cups fresh or canned corn 1-2 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup yellow onion 1/4 cup bell pepper (or not) 1/4 cup green onions 1 jalapeno, diced (I only used 1/2 a jalapeno. I’m a wimp.) 1 clove garlic, diced 1/4 cup mayo 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1-2 handfuls monterey jack cheese 1-2 handfuls cheddar salt and pepper, to taste 1. Melt butter in pan. 2. Add corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, until corn starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside. 3. Melt butter in pan and add onions and bell pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, until onions are soft. 4. Add in the jalapeno, green onions, and garlic. Cook another two minutes, until softened. 5. Dump jalapeno and onion mixture into the bowl of corn. Add in 1-2 handfuls of monterey jack cheese, mayo, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine. 6. Spread in a baking dish and cover the top with shredded cheddar cheese. 7. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until warmed through and the top has browned.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw butter twice....I bet that's goooooood!! Totally not on the plan, but it does sound awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha. I didn't even notice the multiple butters on there. I wonder if it is a Paula Dean original recipe..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW this is an awesome poll. Austin loves dips and this one sounds yummy
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to try the dip Lisa! Paula Dean is classic, SO much butter. lol, she must keep the cholesterol medication companies in business. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This probably isn't your typical "fall" dip however I love eating this all the time.20oz sour cream1 bag of shredded cheese 1 packet of ranch dipMix together, tastes best when chilled overnight or for several hours. Use tortilla chips.  FSIL gave me the recipe, we go through at least two batches at any get together!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a simple bean dip that you can make and you can tweak it to your liking by adding or subtracting beans that you dont like. 1 can red beans, drained 1 can black beans, drained 1 can black eyed peas, drained   2-3 stalks of chopped celery1-2 cups corn 1-2 stalks of green scallions (optional, I leave it out)1/2 cup chopped green pepper .5 cup white sugar .5 cup white vinegar 1 cup veggie oil In a small pot place the sugar, vinegar and veggie oil. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3-5 minutes Then pour over the beansPlace in fridge and let it chill. I usually use whatever beans I have. You can make it your own by adding white corn instead of yellow. Its yummy with those scoup chips.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah when i first read this i was thinking chewing tobacco & was like wtf?! hey, it's early! this is the BEST veggie dip ever... 2/3 cup Sour Cream 2/3 cup Helmans Mayo 1 Tablespoon minced onion 1 teaspoon Lawry Seasoning Salt 1 teaspoon dill weed 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce 1 teaspoon parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon Accent Mix together and refrigerate!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm.....Dips....I'm going to be running to the grocery store later for sure......LOL.....I didn't even think of tobacco... too freaking funny
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok lookes like I'll be trying lots of dips. They all sound yummy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my all time fav is dill-onion dip from nino salvaggios!!! mmmm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmmm, I love dip. I love a 7+ layer mexican dip with yummy, not too salty, corn chips. Now I'm hungry for dip at 9 am.BTW - its always ok to post!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any good recipes, but those all sound really good! I'll have to make a trip to the Grocery store tonight to try some of them out.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I found a good one. Anything with cheese and garlic has to be good. I'm big on try herbs so I'll probably do some substituting. Yummy Thyme and Garlic Cheese Dip1 tablespoon (packed) fresh thyme leaves 1/2 garlic clove 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 7 1/2-ounce package farmer cheese or one 8-ounce package cream cheese 1/4 cup sour cream Blend first 4 ingredients in processor until garlic is finely chopped, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Add cheese and sour cream; blend well. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Transfer to serving bowl; chill 30 minutes. (Dip can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)  
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2-3 ripe avocados 1 pack cream cheez (i use 1/3 less fat) Medium Taco Sauce to taste (I usually use a lot, like 1/3-1/2 a bottle) 1 tsp of Cumin Half a head of shredded lettuce Shredded cheese (u can use whatever you like, but I like the thicker shredded sharp cheddar cheese)OnionTwo tomatoesPeel avocados and put in large mixing bowl with the cream cheese, taco sauce, and cumin. Use hand mixer to mix until smooth. Chop lettuce, tomatoes and onion. On platter or large plate, spread the avocado mixture. Next layer the onion, and then the tomatoes, then lettuce. And top off with the cheese.  Serve with tortilla chips.Best layered dip EVER!!!
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My family and DH's family love this Baked Artichoke-Spinach Dip 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 C sour cream 1/2 C mayo (use regular mayo) 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese 2 TBSP Dijon style mustard 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped (fine or course) 1 C loosely packed spinach leaves coarsely chopped (I found the fresh spinach works & tasts best)1/2 C red onion1/8 tsp pepperIn large bowl combine mozzarella, sour cream, mayo, parmesan cheese, mustard, pepper. Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and onion. Spread mixture into an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita wedges, french bread, crackers or chips of your choice.Can make this a day ahead of time. Prepare and chill in fridge for up to 24 hours. Uncover and bake for 25 min or until heated through.Trust me this is sooooo good and I do not artichoke hearts except in this, because I chop them really fine.
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6-Layer Mediterranean Dip 1 (8-ounce) container hummus 1 medium tomato, chopped ½ c. cucumber, chopped 1 c. thinly sliced roasted red peppers, drained ½ c. feta cheese ½ c. sliced pitted black olives, such as Kalamata Spread hummus onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Cover with layers of tomato, cucumber, red peppers, crumbled feta cheese, and olives. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I make the best Mediterranian dip ever and you can make it non fat! And it tastes just like a greek salad! 4 oz crumbled feta cheese (bonus if you find fat free) 16 oz sour cream (fat free if you wish) 1 cucumber peeled and diced 1 packet of vegetable soup mix (Knorr) 1 tsp Oregano 1 cup of chopped red onion diced tomatoes (optional) black olives (optional) Mix together in large bowl. Cover and put in fridge for 2 hours to let flavors mesh. Dip with whole wheat pita bread (I buy the regular size pitas and just cut them up). And ENJOY! Ugh, so delic I might make it this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards