Michigan-Detroit
Options

November is coming

Anyone start Christmas shopping yet?I was actually almost done by Thanksgiving last year, but I don't see that happening this year since I haven't even started.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: November is coming

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got one thing for Mike so far and Amanda is done - we got her done all in one Sunday afternoon 2 weeks ago.  I got MOH tickets to Cirque Dreams Holidaze at the Fox theater the day after Christmas (of course I am going with her!).  Because of the wedding I am trying to get one or two gifts every pay day so I don't lose my a$$.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont say Christmas, Its insane I cannot believe how time is flying.
  • Options
    efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got something for FIs grandfather through our Internal Auction at work for $5, but I'm slacking on everyone else. I will probably get started soon because like Festive, I don't want to lose my a$$ come December. I should just give everyone one of our e-pics in a dollar store frame, lol. But I wont.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is ashamed to say we're half done. I don't know what it is with FI's family (because mine does their shopping all last minute) but my FMIL emailed us two weeks ago asking for our Christmas' lists.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually wait until Black Friday to start...but am usually done by the first week in Dec.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cancelled Christmas this year. I can't afford to buy everyone gifts. I'll probably buy my FI something (his bday is 12/23) and my mom. My dad has enough money. We are too broke this year with pay cuts and wedding planning.I feel horrible but I'm being honest! I just wish they would listen when I tell them not to by me anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have started shopping, its how we do our budgeting, plus I love Christmas and everything about it.
    200 Celebrating with us image
    >
    December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Days until I become Mrs. C
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This year we are scaling back the gifts and not exchanging with a lot of people. The economy blows. Efabian - I gave both sets of parents a nice photo of us with some other gifts last year and it was a hit so don't discount the idea.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't even started thinking about it yet. Probably going to give what we did last year: homemade cookies. My Dad went ape over the chocolate chip cookies (gramma's recipe). We draw names in DH's family. Won't know until Thanksgiving wo we have. Won't be going overboard with anyone this year.
  • Options
    efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booger - That's what I plan on getting a few people, especially the grandparents/parents, I was just laughing at the idea of getting our sisters/cousins pictures of us for christmas. Totally plan on using the e-pics for a couple gifts though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mordacious - don't feel bad, it sucks but its so (unfortunately) common right now. We are pretty much only getting presents for the kids and our parents and a token gift or two for each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a few things.  Just like everyone else though I am getting a little bit at a time to make what money I do have stretch a little further.  We are getting FI's parents GC for the hotel we have a block at for the wedding to help cover the cost for them :)I love Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts.... so fun!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also love buying and wrapping gifts.  I forgot I also got my friend Jill's girls their gifts already too.  I've known her since kindergarten and her girls are like nieces to me so she's the only one of my friends whose kids I buy for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards