Michigan-Detroit
Options

Lotion

What is a good lotion for "desk elbow"?? Ugh, my elbows get so dry and FI makes fun of me...if there's something that needs to get sanded, he tells me to bring my elbow over and take care of it haha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Lotion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Kim! I use Aveeno lotion. Its for dry skin. Or you could try cocoa butter. That stuff does wonders!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol too funny-I like "Look ma new hands" or "lay it on thick" bath and body works. Or Neurogina(sp) not sure of the name but it is really thick good stuff.It's like the medicated stuff in a small bottle because you only need a little bit
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok Aveeno and Eucerin...I will give those a try. I tried baby oil before, like after my shower but found that after about 2 days my hair started getting really oily...coincidence? probably not...my hair is never oily. So, I nixed that idea and haven't been able to find anything else that works as good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto April, Eucerin is my bff. It's amazing and lasts all day.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Neutrogena. Cocoa butter works wonders too and so does the Eucerin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have psoriasis and excema (I'm a mess, I know) and Eucerin is def one of my favorites.  Bath & Body Works lotion is probably one of the worst you can use (to be  honest)...it smells pretty, but it contains a lot of drying ingredients (kind of counter-productive, really).There is also a medicated lotion I use, but I don't remember the name of it...I can let you know when I get home if you want me to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use the Hemp Hand Cream from the Body Shop. It smells ok, but seems to work well for my all-year dry hands.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto big T (that's your new name) re: anything scented. I occasionally get spots of eczema, and when i was younger i had AWFUL dermatitis (just from allergies), and Eucerin is the only thing i could put on it without it burning. (it's magic) It also is good on your feet. after about a week of just regular application my heels are soft and smooth. (it's good if you like to do the whole at-home pedicure lotioned feet in socks and bags type if thing.) basically anything petroleum based will only dry your skin out. it's like bad shampoo- it may not feel like it, but eventually it'll cause more problems.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    Blueyes122299Blueyes122299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sarna is supposed to be one of the best you can get and strongest over the counter lotions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL at Elephant elbow. I've been using Aveeno and have been satisfied.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its called bag balm which is over the counter but you have to buy it from the pharmacy since its a special product. It comes in a green tin and works wonders for anything that is super dry and then you can maintain healthy since with eucerin. Its not expensive either under $10 for large tin.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH & I use O'Keeffe's Working Hands. DH has really bad cracked and dry hands & I have really bad dry elbows. It works wonders. It comes in a jar and it's like a "paste". I love this stuff. I think I got it, of all places, Home Depot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like pp said, I think both Aveeno and Eucerin are good brands. I usually use anything based with cocoa butter. It's funny, after I read this post, I put some lotion on the elbows! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOLZ at “desk elbow.”  I love the H20 Plus Spa hand & nail cream.  I also like that stuff they sell at Hallmark (if they still do).  I forgot the lady’s name that it’s named after – Rose something, maybe?  But it’s thick and super moistening!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Look Ma New Hands by bath and body...its AMAZING! and you only need a little bit. It also smells really good without being really "scented". I worked in a a restaurant forever and with all the handwashing/michigan winters my hands were awful. This is the only thing that helped! Good luck...I think it might be time to buy some sandpaper because your elbows are going to be smooth now!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ms Nobody, pretty much everyone in my family (especially my dad) calls me T because there's really no other way to shorten Taryn...LOL.  I'll definitely answer to T. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Burt's Bees has good lotions/cream as well.  It definitely helps when my hands get dry & cracked during the winter.
  • Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I once had a friend refer to mine as "reptilian elbows."I like Gold Bond Lotion.
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aveeno is the only thing I will use.  I use it constantly...one in my purse, one on my desk, one in my bedroom.  I make sure I have access to it all the time because I have very dry skin and I frickin hate it!!LOL at elephant elbows!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally late on this...but I swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I use it year-round because I get dry skin easily, especially in the winter. Also...you can try Aveda's Hand Relief. Obviously it's geared towards hands, but I'm sure a little dab on the elbows will work too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Late on this one too, but it hits home... :)Elephant elbows, psoriasis... i got you all beat with my "follicular mucinosis" (look that one up ;) For super dry freaks like me, I like Aquaphor or Sarna (original formula).
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards