Michigan-Detroit
Options

Is anyone a wedding wh*re like me?

Even before I got engaged and started planning my wedding, I LOVED going to weddings.  I was like a little kid on Christmas morning...LOL!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is anyone a wedding wh*re like me?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always enjoyed weddings. I think women tend to be more sappy about things like weddings and like to look at happy people in love.While I didn't really start planning before I was engaged, there was things I knew I wanted, like a Catholic ceremony, before I even met FI. Plus both of my sisters and some of my friends are married so I've been around weddings a lot as a 'young adult' which has formed some ideas of things I like and don't like.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely agree, Erin.  I've been to a lot of my friend's weddings over the past several years...I learned what I like and what I really, really, really don't like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    heck yeah!! I have been planning my wedding ince I was 10!!! I am obsessed with everything related to weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love going to weddings, heck I like watching weddings on the tele.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Certified wedding wh0re here too! I started watching wedding shows years before I got engaged, and have no intention of stopping once the wedding is over. I find that I am a lot more attentive to details and things since being on TK though...which sometimes makes me feel like a wedding snob but whatever lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually the complete opposite.  While I loved the idea of weddings I have only ever been to 5 (and my first one was a few years ago.) I was actually dreading planning my wedding a little bit because I am a perfectionist and I thought it was going to get the best of me (plus I can be very indecisive) but it turns out I love every part of it (although I am still in the very early stages so we'll see how long it lasts!)
  • Options
    RachelCheetahRachelCheetah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know I am...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too, althought I shamefully admit when I was single I was more of the kid on Christmas for the bachelorette parties.  :-p
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!!! Always been obsessed with weddings!
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely!! When I knew that Bryan and I were serious, I started "browsing" and "coming up with ideas". I have always loved going to weddings. Although I've always loved the idea of weddings, I've never had to live in planning mode for 2+ years and I wonder that when this is all over next year if I will be wedding'd out... and for how long? lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cwimer6154cwimer6154 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I'm not the girl who has been planning her wedding since she was ten, as soon as the "talk" of our engagement surfaced, I totally became a wedding wh0re! I admit it, I'm hooked now thanks to TK.  I've always loved weddings though, I'm a sucker for romance!
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol @ sunkissed  I love weddings and will miss joining in the bouquet toss.  I'm 6' w/heels on and that bouquet toss reminds me of catching rebounds, lol!  I know that if the bride gets some air up under that thing, I'm getting it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim, you better not be a wedding snob at my wedding...I will come after you...LOL!!Tara, that cracked me up!!!
  • Options
    terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto--- Worse though-- I cry at EVERY wedding-- regardless of how much I know about them. I plan and cry, and get excited. FI watches me go through bios on here for hours and I sob :) Such happy times!!!! and I work in a country club where we do a ton of weddings and if I am in the room during speeches/vows/toasts you can bet I am trying not to cry. (Thankfully a few other girls I work with are the same :) ) But I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to weddings-- only had two to go to this year and one of them is next month. Can't wait! But FI shares my excitement so the planning is fun-- he doesnt share the tears though, oh well. Men.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was little I had a wedding board game and depending on how much money you earned meant you could buy different vendors lol. My step sister and I played that game every weekend haha.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always enjoyed going to weddings, but it took me a while to get going on planning my own wedding.  I think that was due to realizing how much money it was going to cost us.  It seemed more overwhelming than fun, but I started to get into it after a while (and after we had accumulated a nice chunk in our savings account).  I'm definitely addicted to looking at wedding stuff now.  I seriously spend hours every single day browsing through the boards and various websites.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never thought much of a wedding growing up. Must be because I come from a broken home. haha...It wasn't til I started planning our wedding (which I put off forever), that I realized how much I enjoyed it. That's part of the reason why I'm still here besides liking so many of you beotches. I like to help & love seeing pics. I'll occasionally watch Bridezillas or one of those crazy cake shows. I've been to many weddings between both of our friends getting married & we're one of the last. I've really enjoyed the knottie weddings I've been to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant say that I am,I was never that girl who dreamed about her wedding day and all the details.But I am turning into one.My question is what are you to do in a few weeks when it is over?I hear it's pretty sad.You have to let us know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards