Michigan-Detroit
Options

Vendor Rant....

Backstory: I booked my videographer a while back. I originally booked his video/photo package. The stupid part of me didn't look at the photo examples before hand, just the video. Now when I finally asked, I thought they were okay but I wasn't in love. I figured I'd book an engagement shoot to maybe calm my nerves. Well I did that, but instead of his partner who does the photo, our actual videographer did the shoot. So we never got the chance to work with the person who would be shooting the wedding. Anyways, I liked the pictures but didn't love them. I talked with Shawn a few months later, and we decided to move some things around in the budget so I could get a better photographer. I planned on dropping the photo part of our package and keep his video services. Guessing I should have made sure that was okay first.Fast foward to today. I get an email back from my videographer saying that as of now he doesn't book weddings anymore that requires him to work with someone he doesn't know. (That wasn't the case months ago) He likes to take some snapshots for the video and apparently thinks he and the new photographer would but heads. All in all, he's pretty much telling me that I keep the contract as is, or I don't use him at all. We would lose $800. Gah! I guess it's my fault for booking without researching first. Makes me wish I would have found TK sooner. And sorry that got really long.. =/
Follow Me on Pinterest
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFetus Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vendor Rant....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! That sucks good luck!! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awful.  Our videographers said that they'd ask my photographer for a couple pics for the dvd label/case or use some still shots from the video.  Could he do either of those as an alternative to taking his own pics?  If he's unwilling to do that, he might just be trying to ensure his photographer gets the job.  He should be willing to work with you on another option.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh, yuck! i hope you are able to work this out with him. you definitely want to LOVE your wedding pics!!! GL!
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At this point I've given up. He apparently won't budge. Shawn's going to try talking to him face to face. Maybe he can get somewhere. If not the search is on for a new videographer. Gr.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get an email back from my videographer saying that as of now he doesn't book weddings anymore that requires him to work with someone he doesn't know.Ha! Good luck having a successful business then! What an idiot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I live in GC too. Did you grow up here?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's so unfortunate how some wedding vendors will not budge on anything. I was so nervous when booking our photographer - it was the last thing I did! I agree though - good luck finding any business with weddings if you won't work with other vendors! I had a company try to get me to book both DJ and photographer with them. They kept telling me how it was so much better when the DJ and photographer knew each other (the night runs smoother). Needless to say I didn't book with.I really hope you can work things out! But You do want to love your pics and your video!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mordacious - I did! I've actually lived in GC since I was 4 The whole "not working with people I don't know" floored me. Made me wonder how he even books anything now. He has a video only package. I kind of wanted to write back "Do you except people not to have any photos just so they can work with you?" Held back though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool, I've lived here since I was 8! Don't think we ever went to school together though, I graduated in 2000.
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it was so much better when the DJ and photographer knew each otherI can't believe they told you that Meagan, lol, if that's not a shameless plug to get you to hire a friend, I don't know what is.  The dj and photographer have so much interaction that night (dripping sarcasm).  At least you can understand the video/photographer link, but gimme a break...  Hopefully your FI has better luck man to man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards