Michigan-Detroit

Re: TELL US TUESDAY!!!

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Author:  Janet Evanovich and I'm currently re-reading her Stephanie Plum series.  They are fantastic books, if you are looking for a great read, start with her first book, "One for the Money"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dean Koontz, Jonathon Kellerman, Terry Pratchett, Robin Cook, Charlaine HarrisRight now I'm reading trash. It's a series- the Lightworld/ Darkworld series? It kind of sucks. Uhhh.... (gotta reach the book to tell you the author) Jennifer Armintrout. Not very good technically, but it's an easy read and the characters aren't totally lame lol
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest I'm not much of a reader. I wish I was but if I don't get really into a book within the first chapter or so, I lose all interest.  However, this year I read all 4 of Emily Giffin's books and loved them. Very easy reads (for someone that doesn't particularly enjoy reading). Something Borrowed was my favorite. She has a new book coming out in the spring and I am excited for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, i'm always looking forsomething good to read. Fav authors: Nancy Thayer and Daniel Steel Just finished reading Echoes by Steel and I'm now reading Ransom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just started reading Legal Tender by Lisa Scottoline. I like her "Bennie Rosato" books.  I think James Patterson is actually my favorite author though. I love his Alex Cross novels!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually only read on vacation, it's much easier to watch tv...I know, horrible! I don't read fiction, ever. Anyways, my favorite author is Michio Kaku. I've read all of his books and now he IS on tv so it makes it even better.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love to read...I'm such a bookworm. :)Fav authors: Luanne Rice, Dorothea Benton Frank, Mary Alice Monroe, Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Jennifer Weiner, and so many more.  I read mostly Chick Lit so if you like that style, I have lots of suggestions. :)Currently, I am reading "Last Kiss" by Luanne Rice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fav Author? I can't pick just one, I love to read.What are you reading? I am currently reading Anna Karenina  - so far its awesome.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - Nora Roberts (not her JD Robb books, though).- I read the same books over and over and over...I'm reading my favorite right now, Carnal Innocence.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taryn I am all about Chick Lits. What else have you read. I'm making my list for the library.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i haven't found an amazing author that i love yet... i like jody picoult, but her books make me sob... i have yet to read a book that hasn't made me cry. also, sometimes i think her writing can be long & extensive where i can skip some pages & still know what's going on. ... i am currently reading SHAPE magazine (i just got my new one yesterday) because i need to get myself back to pre-wedding body!! :) i need some good book recs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I will email you a list of books. :)  Most are Chick Lit...some are more of a romance (but not like the raunchy romance books with Fabio on the cover...LOL!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dean Koontz, but I love reading so Ill read just about anything. My dream house would have a library with a fireplace and a giant comfy overstuff chair for me to read in. A bay window too lol
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you ladies have ever heard of goodreads.com but it's a great website to keep track of books you have read, want to read, etc.  You can rate your books as well as see friend's lists of books. I don't know about you but I have a hard time remembering if I've read books sometimes so I love this site.  You can also see other people's recommendations based on the books you like (kinda like Netflix).Just thought I'd share!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    I love to read...but its hard to narrow it down to an author.  I love a lot of the female authors like Jodi Picoult, Jacquelyn Mitchard, Jennifer Weiner, Elizabeth Berg, Emily Giffin, etc.  I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter and LOVE LOVE (yes, only 2) the Twilight series.I am currently reading The Pilot's Wife although I am having the weirdest sense of deja vu because I'm almost positive I've read it years ago, but I don't remember what happens.  Maybe I need that website you were talking about emarston1...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Taryn. Thanks for the website rec Liz. I just started rating my books on Linked in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a favorite author because I rarely read books, but right now I'm reading "Say you're one of them" by Uwem Akpan (Oprahs book club book).It's good but the short stories don't have good enough endings for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure I can pick ONE favorite author but I like James Patterson, John Grisham, Janet Evanovich, to name a few. Currently reading The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule. Very interesting book about Ted Bundy. The author was actually friends with him and had no idea what a monster he was.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your fav author? I love so many it's hard to narrow it down. Kay Hooper, Lisa Scottiline, Heather Graham, just to name a few.What are you reading? Just started reading Big Bad Wolf by Christine Warren. So far so good. I may just have to go check out some of her other books. I mainly love the romance/suspense books. It's my escape from reality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emarston1: I am doing the same thing! I absolutely LOVE janet evanavich. I started re-reading her books late this summer and I'm finally on number 13!I also really like Nora Roberts. Her books are predictable but always end "happily ever after".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a hard time coming up with a favorite author but it's probably Sophie Kinsella, Rebecca Wells or Sara Donati.Has anyone started reading the Nora Roberts Wedding Quartet books?  I had never ready any Nora Roberts books before but the theme appealed to me (for some crazy reason!).  I recommend them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fave author---too many to choose from.  I like Jodi Picoult, but I wouldn't say she's my favorite.Currently I'm reading The Lightning Thief--it is totally a book for a 4th/5th/6th grader.  I'm reading it to my students right now with the hopes of seeing the movie in February.  It is REALLY good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards