Michigan-Detroit
Options

Florist Questions

What types of questions should I ask tomorrow when I meet with Liz? This is probably the area that I am least familiar with in terms of what to ask. And what should I take with me? I don't have pictures printed out or anything, just saved on my computer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Florist Questions

• Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have pictures of things that you specifically like, I'd print them and bring them with you. I'm not the best with the questions either, but you could always ask things like if they will include a toss bouquet at no charge or something along those lines. I was not thrilled with my flowers at all when it cam down to it. Be specific about what you want. I thought my arrangements for the ceremony looked like funeral flowers- obviously I wasn't specific enough because who wants their ceremony to look like a funerl?! I wish I had had specific pictures of arrangements I liked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably print if you can...When I met with a bunch of florists - they all asked me if I had any pictures! I think it gives them a good idea of the things you want and don't want - maybe even give them an idea of similar things that can act as alternatives for the budget too!Things I asked were:Is delivery/setup/take down all included?What time can I expect you to set up?Where will they deliver to (home, ceremony, reception), like how many deliveries do they do the day of?I asked if I would be able to see a sample of what I was ordering.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I specifically brought pics of arrangements I liked and did not like. Other than that I told her what flowers I wanted...if it looks like crap it's on me but I expect him/her to tell me if it will.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The thing I was most disappointed by with my flowers was the size of the bridesmaid bouquets. So, I would ask to physically see a sample of the size to make sure it is EXACTLY what you envision. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    My married bio
    TTC since March 2010, Dx PCOS 3/9/11. HSG 3/9/11 Clear with dominant but underdeveloped follicle, 4/4/11 Started 50 mg Clomid, 6/5/11 Started 100 mg Clomid, 8/9/11 BFP!
    4/6/12 Emerson Kate was born!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I brought my laptop with me to visit Liz-for the pictures. She's super easy to work with. Just give her an idea of what you like and your budget, then see what she comes up with from that :) She had a lot of ideas for me just from other things in the wedding (bridesmaids outfits etc). I showed her my knot bio to give her an idea of the wedding as a whole.But everyone's questions above are good too! Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hijacking the post a bit but if you are talking at Parsonage Liz you will love her.  She is by far my favorite vendor.  When I met with her I brought pictures and that was very helpful.  She took the pictures and started pulling stuff together right there to show me.  Can't wait to hear what you think of her! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards