Michigan-Detroit
Options

Day-Of Coordination Squad

Sounds like the worst superhero movie ever, doesn't it?

Since FI and I are DIY-ing basically everything, we were considering hiring two or three of my sister's good friends (in the 21-23 age range) as a DOC (read: go-fer) team for the wedding day. 

We'd use them from early morning (9?) until 8:00 at night when we have to be out of the park.  We'd use their cars to transport the food and supplies, and use them as our team to help us hang decorations, set up the volleyball net and croquet area, set up signage, knock the cobwebs out of the bathrooms, etc.  They'd hang out and keep an eye on the picnic area while we go home, shower, and get pretty at around noon.  During the wedding, they'd be free to eat, mingle, hang out with my sister, and do everything the guests are doing - play games, photobooth, etc.  At the end of the day, they'd help us with break-down and getting stuff back to our house.

So...what do you think is a reasonable paycheck for this?  We'll probably be using them for 12 hours, and 12x$8 (a low but reasonable hourly rate) = $96 each.  On the other hand, they won't actually be working for 6 of those hours.  On the other-other hand, it's not like they'd be choosing to spend their free time hanging out in a park with strangers during those 6 hours if it wasn't for me.  I was thinking something like $75 for the day, but FI is pushing for $50.  I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up my whole Saturday for just $50.  What do you guys think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Day-Of Coordination Squad

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think 75-100 is more of a reasonable rate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_day-of-coordination-squad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:11956dfc-af01-42ed-8777-3082ce1cb29cPost:42018af3-ce56-4076-bba1-6a57de163925">Re: Day-Of Coordination Squad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think 75-100 is more of a reasonable rate. 
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

<div>i agree</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with $75 to $100.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous posts. 75-100$ especially since they'll be using their cars to drive your stuff around- it will help cover milage and gas.
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $75-$100 for sure
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP.

FYI, one of my daughter's friends has an amazing voice. We offered her $50 just to sing for the ceremony, less than 30 minutes. And she's 17 !!!

While they may just be "go-fers", you are expecting them to do a professional's work for you. My "day of" coordinator is getting over $500 for less time, and she's a pro.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards