Michigan-Detroit
Options

Need Clever Bridesmaid/Groomsmen Gift Ideas

Price is not an object for me, if my girls can spend their money on gowns, hair, makeup, etc. then I can budget for a GREAT gift for each of them.  I will not buy anything from the knot shop or any other wedding website nor will I buy them jewlery to wear for the day of my wedding, I want more of a unique gift. 

My top two ideas for my bridesmaids are large coach wristlets (in black, not to match their dresses for my wedding) or ugg boots.

For the guys I was thinking of buying coolers and having them personalized for each of them.

I would really love some clever suggestions!  :-)

Re: Need Clever Bridesmaid/Groomsmen Gift Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Shop for them like it's their birthdays.  If they would like coach wristlets and ugg boots, then that is a great gift.  If they would not ever pick that out for themselves, then it is not.  I love Coach, but not a single one of my girls would be excited about a Coach wristlet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting a massage/spa gift certificate for each of the girls. Not for a 'pre-wedding' spa day together, but for them to use whenever they want after the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did think of that but when I kind of mentioned it to a few of the girls they said that they would prefer a gift rather than a gift certificate to a spa.  It is still one of my options though.  (One of my favs!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plus, I was planning on bringing in a person who brings their massage chair/table with them the day of my wedding to my hair salon and pay them for 2-3 hours and give all of my bridesmaids like 20 min massages in between getting their hair and makeup done.  I thought it would be a nice surprise!
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am hoping to have the money to do Pandora bracelets for my girls, and getting a couple charms for them like their birthstones and occupations or pets or something... for the guys we are doing comic book character cuff links because they all big into comic books. We will probably do something else for the guys, just not sure what yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should shop like it's their birthdays! Maybe instead of getting each girl the same thing, maybe set a $250 limit per girl and hit Macy's! I love getting fancy things that I would never spend the money on myself. Get your crafty maid a Cricut, get the baker a kitchenaid mixer, iPods, ps3's, digital cameras - if money isn't an issue - this should be funnnn!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Shop for them individually like it is their birthday. If they like the same things, that is even better. But for one of the weddings I've been in I was given a 'group gift' and it is sitting in my closet unused. If you are willing to spend that much money on them, make sure they will use it!

The other wedding I was in, the bride got each of us a wine glass decorated to match our personalities. Lolita glasses or something? I am not a huge wine drinker but I did love it!

Good luck!
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I may buy a few of my girls Flip videocameras!

FI's groomsmen are very big sports fans so he may buy them all really nice, framed photographs of their favorite sports venue (ie the Big House, Spartan Stadium, etc)

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok. There is a website called www.thegreenhead.com of which scours the internet for truly unique and cool things, and lists them all with links right there. I am telling you, you won't believe some of the stuff they have on there. It's incredible. I never have to think twice now whenever I need to buy a unique gift!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards