Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Recap! PIP heavy (of course!)

Good morning ladies!

Thought I'd stop in and give a little recap on my wedding that happened on Sunday even though the knot keeps trying to redirect me to the nest now :)

It seriously went off without a hitch. The only small hiccups were the florist forgot my bouquet initially but they went back to their shop and had it to me well before I needed it and little did I know that when we headed out to do our ceremony we were under a tornado warning. We made it through the ceremony and all of our family/bridal party photos without a drop of rain - but the sirens were going off! But the second we walked inside to eat some appetizers and have some cocktail drinks before our grand entrance there was a torrential downpour. It was actually nice that it happened that way because we have this great feeling of "oh man we made it just in time!" and it really cooled things off outside. 

I loved everything about my wedding day, especially my groom. He was so handsome and I was convinced there would be no surprises for me to look forward to on the day but man did he have me fooled! He gave my maid of honor a stack of letters he had written for me and she gave me one every hour on the day. During our first look photos he gave me one last letter of the day and a beautiful set of diamond earrings. All the ladies were saying he has set the bar incredibly high for their dudes :)

Here's a select few photos from the day I will always remember with the greatest amount of fondness:

Ceremony exit

Grand entrance :)

The reception (with my super cute centerpiece and DIY chalkboard table numbers)

Cutting the wedding pie (you can kind of see my DIY pie stands :)

Pie Topper

Small section of the head table - all of my ladies were in their own lovely shade of berry

First Dance (I was sooo thankful I had flats to change into!)

Can't wait to leave for the honeymoon in 10 days! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Recap! PIP heavy (of course!)

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and great pictures!  Lucky about the way weather happened too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Awww I love it!!! Congratulations!!! Those are great pics and I'm glad the weather held out!!
  • lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! You look beautiful. Super glad the weather worked out for you:)
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHH!  Look at your dress!  And your shooooes!  And the pie topper!  I'm so devastatedly jealous.  Everything looks absolutely amazing, and you guys look so happy. Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

You look gorgeous and your day sounds like it was amazing!!!

What a sweet FI you have.  He did set the bar very high!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  You look gorgous!
  • edited December 2011
    Everything looks so gorgeous!  So glad the weather cooperated during your ceremony, a tornado warning on your wedding day will definitely be memorable!  Thanks for sharing and hope you have a blast on your honeymoon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I love all the little details!
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Sounds like the perfect day, sirens and all :-)

I LOVE your dress. So cute with the shoes!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, everything and everyone looks so beautiful. I love your dress-shoes-flowers combination and the chalkboard table numbers are such a cool detail. I'm really glad the weather held off for you too! I think your husband set the bar impossibly high, at least as far as my FI is concerned (a romantic, he is not, lol)! 
    Congratulations on your perfect wedding! 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Love the pictures!  The sirens were just Mother Nature's way of saying congratulations, and the wind was there to blow you away. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Everything looked great!  I think your FI sounds amazing and totally worth keeping around!  Congratulations...enjoy looking at all of your pictures and remembering your special day :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Everything looked gorgeous and seemed to work out just perfectly. :)
  • bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe your new H is SUCH a sweetheart.  Congrats on the good timing lol.  Also, I LOVE your reception venue.
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh!! I'm so happy for youuuu! CONGRATULATIONS - and stay on TK! lol great pics linds [:
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous, glad everything went well :)
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the perfect day. Your DH sounds amazing I think I might do that for my FI he would love it minus the diamond earrings lol. Congrats!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwweee....so super cute and yes, ur man did set the bar pretty high with those letters!! 

Ur theme was great and everything looked wonderful, so glad it went well for you! :o)
  • lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I wish you all the best on your wedding days :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards