Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony Site

We are looking for a reasonably priced (around $1K) ceremony site in Metro Detroit. The site would need to hold 250 people. We have our own officiant and would like to have the ceremony somewhere other than a church. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Ceremony Site

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Detroit board Byrdstep!

I peeked at your bio and see you have listed March 2012 as your anticipated wedding date. Not sure if that is set in stone or not. It may be difficult to find a location to hold just a ceremony for 250 people, assuming you want it indoors, other than a banquet hall where the reception will be as well. If your date is flexible and you can consider summer, there may be parks that cost about that much and can hold 250 people.

I don't have any recommendations for you, but wanted to say welcome.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To go off of what Sue said, I think you best bet would be to find a place that does ceremony and receptions in the same place.  You can't really do an outdoor wedding in March.  You can check the vendor stickies at the top of the board and look for girls who have the same vendor listed for ceremony and reception.
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend King's Court Castle in Lake Orion!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is also "The Little Weddint Chapel, Hertiage Park" It hold up to 250 (I think) Its in taylor and is beautiful! If I could afford it, I would be there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ceremony-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:20a820ad-6302-4538-a4c6-aadc4fd1df51Post:322612ee-835f-41c3-ae85-6168f86d9594">Re: Ceremony Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recommend King's Court Castle in Lake Orion!!
    Posted by amyn1919[/QUOTE]

The chapel they have is really nice.  My FI and I thought about going here but ended up going to another location.  If you get married in the chapel there  the area where you would get ready is amazing (as far as getting ready goes).  The mirrors are set up like most backstage mirrors with tons of lights around it to make sure your makeup looks perfect.  Also, there is a lot of room so if you have a larger number of BMs you can all get ready together.  If I remember right this site was $600 unless you also have your ceremony there.
  • Options
    helgak99helgak99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have picked Canterbury Village/Kings Court Castle.
    The chapel is beautiful, inside and out.
    They have three reception rooms, from 125 to 225 and all are beautiful.
    Very reasonable in cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards