Michigan-Detroit

Why do I find....

Bridesmaid dress shopping so annoying? I dread actually going. I dont like looking at the dresses and I dont like picking any out. Cant they wear like there all time best halloween outfit? just kidding but seriously.....shouldnt I be more excited?

Re: Why do I find....

• edited December 2011
    I hated it too. Finally I just picked a designer, color and fabric on my own. They are on their own now, I'm done! I really just don't care that much about BM dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    I hated doing it too.  I am very happy to have that checked off my list.  Good luck the sooner you do it the sooner it's over. 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree!!! Mine (after the 4th time) finally found one they all liked. Good Luck!!
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I felt like maybe it was because its the 1 thing that's not about me or something like I had sub consciously turned into a bridezilla lol
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had no problems with this - I was set on one dress from the very beginning & when I saw the dress & tried it on, I was sold. I let the girls decide between two colors and the majority won. I may sound like a B but I didnt really care if someone didn't like it... :)
  • edited December 2011
    oh, and... i didn't have any of the bms come with me - too many opinions = disaster. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering how everyone else did it.  I'm dreading a lot of stuff.  I truly do love all my BM's but all of them but one are very forceful with their opinions.  They are already driving me nuts with wedding "suggestions" that they do not give me as suggestions - more as you will do this.  My thought is they all already had their own weddings or will be having their own, this is mine!  Quit trying to force me to do thing you wish you would have done!  So.....Even though they keep asking me when we are going to go shopping,  I'm thinking about picking them out on my own and just telling them this is it, take it or leave it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh all my BM's are great. Its just 1/2 want short, 1/2 want floor length, some want strapless, some want halters because they have huge boobs, some want silky some want figure flattering which most silky arent. 1 hates the colors, its just a lot of stress to try and make everyone happy. There are 4 of them and they range from a size 2 to a size 20 so its a lot of things to think about. What looks great on one because she has curves may look awful on my sis who has nothing anywhere. It is an endless list of things. I just never thought about how much stress is involved in dresses lol
  • ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in reality- i dont care what they wear- but i think they're more concerned about what i think they should wear. 

why dont you let them come up with a few styles they like and pick one (or a few) from those, and/or give them a color palate to pick from instead of one color? so they'll all look good together without matching... or whatever combination of you not doing any work. hahaha

give them some guidelines and keep final word/veto power- but have them make the choice. then when they don't wear it again they cant complain.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with MeghanAshley on this. Although, I took my sister, the MOH with me to look and let her try on all kinds of dresses and then we picked the one we liked the best. We kept all the other girls in mind while looking, we picked and then I e-mailed the ladies with the information and a picture. They all seemed fine with it. I've thought about letting them pick their own dress in the same color/fabric that the one I picked is in, but I'm scared to think of what a couple of them would decide on... so I went with my gut.
  • catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on the DB website and looked at several dresses that came in the color I wanted for my girls'. 2 of them were small and 1 was a little bigger. When I saw them in person, the dresses were beautiful. My BM's loved them. They were long and strapless but had a slimming waist. I know one of my BM's will be shortening her dress and the left over material will be used for straps and a shawl. I never did have any problem with the color or style of the dress when I showed my BM's. They all really loved it. Pic below is in the color I choose.

• edited December 2011
    I found shopping for my dress to be more aggravating.  I picked a few styles out of the catalog and showed everyone.  We went and everyone just picked dresses out and everyone took turns trying them all on.  The one we went with wasn't even in the running until I saw it in person.  Everyone tried it on and it looked great on the all so that's what we went with.  It was easier than I thought it would be. 
    Hang in there - it'll be over before you know it!  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let them pick it out.  Just told them I wanted black and cocktail length and let them go crazy.  They just ordered this one from Macy's for $34.50!!  Some of them have told me they don't LOVE the dress, but LOVE the fact that its so affordable. 

I am very happy.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Can't get any better than that!!!  And the bonus is, you can always wear a black cocktail dress again!!!  I know I would.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kbattle1022kbattle1022 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I basically didn't do it.  I looked at a million dresses (online) and couldn't make a decision, eventually my mom and sister/MOH went to the store where I'd bought my dress and tried on the samples, looked at them with my dress, and called me and told me which one they liked best.  I said "SOLD!" and told the other girls what to buy.  Quite easy, really :)
  • edited December 2011
    This is why I'm glad I'm only having 2 attendants! The dress we picked will look pretty good on both of them, and it was almost as easy as finding my dress was! And we just went with black, because I didn't want to deal with color!

I stood up in a wedding where there were 12 of us, and we did separates which worked out really well- we all had the same skirt and each picked a different top. Except the bride was po'd about a top one of the girls chose because it made her look quite trampy. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards