Michigan-Detroit
Options

Fellow Pine Knob Brides...

Hey Ladies- I need a hotel recommendation. There are sooo many hotels all around the Great Lakes Crossing area and I want to narrow down my search of ones to call :)

I have alot of friends that want rooms and I want one that will provide them with shuttle service to the Carriage House. Another priority is a nice, large Suite for myself that the bridal party will also be getting ready in that morning too.

Where are you staying?

Photobucket

Re: Fellow Pine Knob Brides...

• Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holiday Inn Express by Great Lakes Crossing sounded pretty nice and has a shuttle to Pine Knob.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at Oakhurst in Clarkston, and we're using Holiday Inn Express. The shuttle is free for all guests until 10pm, then we paid $250 to rent it exclusively from 10pm to 1am.

We got a king suite for the night, but i don't know how big it is.... If we book all the rooms in our guest block, they are throwing it in for free!

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Courtyard Marriott and they have a free shuttle and pretty good price per night.  I negotiated with the manager and he is giving me the suite for the same price as a regular room! HTH! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I will be calling both. Thanks for the tips!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering doing my wedding at the Mansion.  Has anyone done a Fall/Winter wedding there?  I'm considering October/Nov but would like to know if anyone has done a wedding when it's not summer and what they thought of it.

Thanks.

-Tatiana
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in Clarkston too, and we have our hotel block at the Crowne Plaza in Auburn Hills. 

If you have 15 rooms in your block , they will offer a free shuttle for guests to and from your event.  They also have a pretty nice restaurant/bar in the lobby where you can have brunch in the morning (2 meals included in the price of the room).  They keep the pool open 24 hours (21+ after 10pm)  and allow you to take in food and alcohol...so you can have a bit of an "after party" if you want.

They do have suites and bigger rooms.  You'd have to take a look though to see if it is what you had in mind.  There are some rooms on their website that looked to me to be perfect...but they no longer rent those out to people (I think it may have been a situation of one person ruined it for everyone).  We ended up just getting a king corner room (see pic below), rather than a bigger suite room, because I liked the look of it better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards