Michigan-Detroit
Options

Late Night Snack? Did you or are you going to?

We have the option to add a late night snack. Ive been to a couple weddings that have had them (though when I got married for the first time 10 yrs ago this wasnt popular) Ive been to one that  had pizza and one that had coney dogs and white castle!

Did you do this or are you going to do this and what are you having?

Our hall offers a few options but right now we are trying to decide between pizza and a taco bar. I think the taco bar would be alot of fun!
Daisypath Wedding tickers
200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st

Re: Late Night Snack? Did you or are you going to?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a late night snack. By then, it helps to get a little food in everyone. We went with pizza because it's not too messy. We had the option of a coney dog bar (yum!) but I've seen those before - it's a big mess.
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we also had the option of the coney dogs..and while they are messy, I also didnt want to have gas the night of my wedding...LOL.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had an ice cream sundae bar with Ray's ice cream and various toppings at 9:30 pm and the caterer pre-ordered 30 cheeseburgers, 20 hamburgers and 30 orders of small fries from Bates Burger in Livonia and picked them up and served them around 10:30 pm. It went over VERY WELL. Pics below:

( I LOVED the raspberry sorbet from Ray's........had the "server" put a scoop into my champagne flute........yum)

With 50 burgers, there were about 6 left over at the end of the night and my son took them back to the hotel to share with his friends.

• Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love late night snacks! We are going with pizza because it was in our package :)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing pizza since it's so simple but can help those alcohol-fillled bellies. Plus, a lot of our family/friends wouldn't turn down taking how the leftovers if necessary. [:
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, our venue doesn't do them :( But if we had the option, we'd totally do it! After a couple hours of dancing and sweating, it would be really nice to have a snack! I've only been to one wedding where they did this, about a month ago, and it was a big hit! All the guests were ver appreciative.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing pizza too.  It really makes a huge difference to those partiers especially since our reception goes until 2 and they may not be able to get a " snack" that late:)
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think so. My only fear is both knowing how much food to get, and what if people have left by 9:30 or 10? (which would be so sad for so many reasons... :-( )
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing one. We chose coney dogs and sliders to fit with our Detroit theme. Pizza was an option but I am not a big pizza eater and I though Coney dogs fit with the Detroit theme way better.

My venue said that you should only order late night snack for half of the guest because of people leaving or not eating it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing pizza.  Everyone we know is crazy for pizza lol
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_late-night-snack-did-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3c1c31f9-3adc-452a-89e1-96cdec93389cPost:2dc18f56-c709-4ab8-ada7-09cd459b1247">Re: Late Night Snack? Did you or are you going to?</a>:
    [QUOTE] My venue said that you should only order late night snack for half of the guest because of people leaving or not eating it. 
    Posted by LOTON01[/QUOTE]

Yep.  That's what ours said too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're highly considering doing one as well. I think pizza is our best option...I don't think many people will turn it down after hours of drinking/dancing/sweating before driving home. Our venue only charges for half of the total number of people since many people have left by the time the snacks are put out.
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing it, we probably won't do anything during the reception because We're having the wedding at our home church so the Dessert table will be set up all night. But at ten we're gonna light a bonfire, cut the music and have some smores untill everyone wants to leave. (Hoping there will be enough left in the budget for some fireworks!)
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pizza came with our package, but we are choosing to sub it out for a sweets table
  • Options
    danigirl0719danigirl0719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the late night snack idea, but I never seem to eat it at weddings. Anyone else? We are not providing a late night snack, do you think people expect one?
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think they expect it....but I always find it a nice surprise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing all Michigan themed wedding so our late night snack will be bags of bettermade chips and cans of faygo pop :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue offers a package that has sliders and fries, pizza bar or coneys. I think Fiance really wants the sliders and fries!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing personal pizza's and dessert bar.
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a taco bar!!! 

Arnaldo's has awesome pricing on it. $1/PP...can you beat that? seriously! I would do it, or do both since they recommended ordering for only half of the guests...so I figured $160 for that is very very reasonable! 

We thought about also doing coney's, but our dinner is already being served late...we didn't want a ton of food no one ate!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had a piza buffet at 10pm.  It was a HUGE hit, and probably one of the top 3 things we got complimented on that night.  I highly recommend doing a late night snack if you can!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing jumbo pretzels :) Yummm!
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everytime i've gone to a wedding either a- i leave before the snack is delivered or b- there wasn't one. So i have no say on how great it is- although i'm sure it's pretty awesome :)
    i went to a new years party this year that was at a hall and they had a pizza late night snack. i thought that was awesome.
    personally, i would choose pizza over tacos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to, but only because it is free.

Pizza and coneys (no need to choose, w00t!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i kind of expect afterglow food by now.  we are definitely doing this.  it helps people sober up too!  do it to please your guests!  if you want them to hang around and party all night you should print a timeline for each guest...this way they know what to stick around for!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We supposedly had pizzas although I was too busy to even realize they were put out.  I think it's nice surprise to guests and I don't think you can go wrong to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a company in Riverview MI that does Smore stations!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards