Michigan-Detroit
Options

Smaller venues

i am looking for a venue in metro Detroit that is for under 100 guests. So many places require at least 100 people. I am also looking for unique places. Any suggestions? Oh and it is a winter wedding so no outdoor places

Re: Smaller venues

• Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Beach Grill minimum is 75.

There are some places like Jacks Waterfront that is around the same,

I just did some research yesterday for a friend of mine, her wedding reception got CANCELLED at Via Nove in ferndale, she is histerical...they cancelled via email, because of "renovations"
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Victoria Wedding Chapel in waterford MI has an outdoor and indoor place...they also sell dresses-its where I got mine...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we also want a small venue. You may want to consider looking into resturants that have an attached banquet hall.

Mama Mia's in Livonia has an attached banquet hall and their prices were very reasonable
    Corsi's in Redford
    you can also look into venues with mutilple rooms like Burton Manor, who can accordate a smaller number of people. they have lots of rooms. - this i believe is the route we are taking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THe crystal gardens chain has a bunch of option for that number.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding venue, Greenmead Village in Livonia is a small historic village and they have an adorable chapel, as well as a banquet area set up in an old home. Both have max capacities of 100, but won't look too big if you have a lot less than that.

Check out my bio below, look in the vendor link for info. I also have the outside caterer info in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      I can really only help with venues around Ann Arbor- The Gandy Dancer, Cobblestone Farms, Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Weber's Inn (although they have a minimum amount that must be spent for certain rooms), Kerrytown Concert House, Concordia College. You can also check out the Summit in Canton. I think they have different rooms to accomodate all sizes of receptions. The Inn at St. Johns in Plymouth may be able to accomodate a smaller guest list too. I used to go there for work meetings, so I know they have smaller rooms. A lot of hotels also have smaller conference rooms that would accomodate a smaller reception.

ETA- You can also try some of the historic theaters around the area. We originally wanted to have our ceremony at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, but they weren't the best to work with. Maybe the Penn theater in Plymouth or the theater in Birmingham (I don't know the name of it) can be rented out.
      Some museums and galleries can also be rented out. I know the hands-on museum in Ann Arbor can be rented out. As well, the Detroit Zoo can be rented, but I'm not sure the minimum amount of people they require.
  • Options
    Silverfire777Silverfire777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions. My FI finally gave in and we are having it where I wanted all along!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards