Michigan-Detroit
Options

Stupid Question

Should I take off my engagement ring for the ceremony or do I wear it down the aisle?

I feel like this is something I should already know...

Re: Stupid Question

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I've read is that your wedding ring should be the one closest to your heart - first on your hand.  So brides generally don't wear the engagement ring for the ceremony.  You could put it on a different finger or just stash it in a safe place, and then put it on on top of the wedding band after the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my "wedding finger" during the ceremony and H put the wedding band on the same finger. After the ceremony I switched them so the band was on first. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a stupid question at all :) You can wear on your right hand or just wear it normal and then switch after the ceremony. My e-ring fits on my right hand, so that's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies :) I think I'm going to wear it on my right hand before the ceremony and switch it over after. That way I'll have it on me for pictures and won't have to hunt it down.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_stupid-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:40231131-99f5-4d2a-b907-f6e7ba944edaPost:0ccd13a7-1529-4c37-851e-f3b876c54a46">Re: Stupid Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore mine on my "wedding finger" during the ceremony and H put the wedding band on the same finger. After the ceremony I switched them so the band was on first. 
    Posted by lndskelly[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on getting my wedding band and engagement ring soldered together a few days before the wedding so that we could put both on at once. But the lady at the ring store acted like I was crazy because then I wouldn't be able to wear my engagement ring during the rehersal dinner. So I'm not sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering this too! It Iis a good question!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to wear mine on my right hand.  I was just discussing this with FI last night; not a dumb question at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Basically, I think there are 3 options:

1.  Wear the e-ring on your right hand for the ceremony, then put it back where it belongs after
    2.  Wear the e-ring on the left hand like usual, put the wedding band on next to it during the ceremony, then switch the order (wedding band goes on the inside) after the ceremony
    3.  Have someone else (MOH?) hold on to your e-ring until after the ceremony, then put it back on.

I went with #3, because we had a short reading about placing the e-ring on over the wedding band.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_stupid-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:40231131-99f5-4d2a-b907-f6e7ba944edaPost:0ccd13a7-1529-4c37-851e-f3b876c54a46">Re: Stupid Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore mine on my "wedding finger" during the ceremony and H put the wedding band on the same finger. After the ceremony I switched them so the band was on first. 
    Posted by lndskelly[/QUOTE]
    Me too.  Plus my e-ring doesn't fit on my right hand and I didn't want to not wear it the day of.  I switched it right after the ceremony, no biggie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is not a stupid question! There are so many questions I have, and I can definitely thank TK for answering them lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked my Fi this the other day (needless to say, he didn't know!)!  I was too shy to ask on here though, so glad you did!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will have to give mine to FI the night before, as my E-ring fits into the wedding bands (the bands are a wrap) so when I walk down the aisle I wont have my ring on :-(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards