Michigan-Detroit
Options

Thought I'd share - I'm officially a bride now

Yesterday, I had two (2) people ask me if they could come/demand to be invited to the wedding.  One via facebook, one in person.  Neither is on our guest list.

I feel that this is a rite of passage.  I truly feel like part of the "getting married" community now.

:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thought I'd share - I'm officially a bride now

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!  Yes, this is sooo true.

The best I had was a new friend of mine who said "I AM invited to the wedding, RIGHT!?" as she was standing all of 6 inches away from my face.  Luckily I had already budgeted her in, but geez louise.  Then she messaged me and asked if I had "forgotten" to send her a STD.  They weren't even assembled yet!!! It's so messed up. 

Anyway, Congrats and welcome to the club.  We're happy to have you. :) 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha right!! i've already had people do it too :( we just set a date about 2 months ago!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL  I have had some super awkard conversations with people who thought they would be invited (like my ex boyfriend's current girlfriend that I've never actually met... wtf?).

I didn't send STDs so I'm hoping most of my friends just assume they aren't invited, and then are surprised when an invite comes... haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL - let the guilt trips begin - welcome to the club!

You have your guest list and yes, there will be people that are not on it, resulting in some difficult conversations. I've found that being honest and sincere is the best way. Sugar-coating or beating around the bush only causes more problems in the end.
  • Options
    ksmith719ksmith719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yea, I've had people demand to be invited...what's worse I have had an acquaintance demand to be in the wedding party.  After I kindly told her NO, she demanded to be the head hostess!  I think she has lost her mind!

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had people do that too and even request to be in the WP.  Some people go wedding crazy as soon as they know you are engaged.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! People can be so rude when it comes to weddings! I don't understand it. I would never demand to be invited to someone else's wedding - would you?

A girl I HATE at school, as soon as I said I was engaged - she said, "so am I a bridesmaid?" - and she was 10000% serious!!!!! She didn't even say "congratulations"!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a girl I work with that won't  ask me if she is invited...but my sister also works with us and she bugs HER about it everyday. Most of my awkward wedding situations come from work because we work so close together!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards