Michigan-Detroit
Options

Weird Email...

So on my for sale bio, I have a contact page for people to contact me if their interested in any of my items.  I just got this message this afternoon:

You should be very pleased the dj showed up for your wedding. You personally have promoted a company that has caused pain to other brides. We all make mistakes. The road to hell is paved with such good intentions. Please consider the truth should you continue your glowing endorsement's and help others avoid the pain. May God continue to bless you and Todd.

Um what?  My DJ was fantastic and I've only ever heard fantastic things about him.  I'm half tempted to e-mail this person back and the like WTF?  You are a whackadoodle.

Re: Weird Email...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    whackadoodle.. love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay away from this nut job.  I wouldn't answer at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Say what????
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOWziers that is so weird!
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im like you and would want to know WTH she is talking about.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4c340ff5-be12-41c0-bb32-38dc90eb1697Post:5bf11e46-73c1-40f0-b068-fad923d5733e">Re: Weird Email...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stay away from this nut job.  I wouldn't answer at all. 
    Posted by Mrs0toBe[/QUOTE]
    I won't reply but I just really want to know what her issue is.  What could possibly have made her so upset to take that step to e-mail me.  Also all the road to hell and my god bless our marriage stuff freaks me out.  Why bring God into a vendor review?

Seriously, I'm too curious for my own good sometimes. 
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4c340ff5-be12-41c0-bb32-38dc90eb1697Post:c0b7c89b-4892-4637-94c4-98abaa4f42ab">Re: Weird Email...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Email... : I won't reply but I just really want to know what her issue is.  What could possibly have made her so upset to take that step to e-mail me.  Also all the road to hell and my god bless our marriage stuff freaks me out.  Why bring God into a vendor review? Seriously, I'm too curious for my own good sometimes. 
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this person is not rational and you'd never get a good answer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...and that's the creepy Internet for you. I was creeped out even reading it - especially the whole "road to hell" part. I'd leave this one alone.
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Very weird. I agree to stay away. Far, far away. Some jilted bride in a bad mood.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4c340ff5-be12-41c0-bb32-38dc90eb1697Post:c0b7c89b-4892-4637-94c4-98abaa4f42ab">Re: Weird Email...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Email... : I won't reply but I just really want to know what her issue is.  What could possibly have made her so upset to take that step to e-mail me.  Also all the road to hell and my god bless our marriage stuff freaks me out.  Why bring God into a vendor review? <strong>Seriously, I'm too curious for my own good sometimes. 
    </strong>Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

This is so me. I get myself in trouble sometimes. ;) Maybe contact the DJ and let them know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoooaaaa.  I'd totally want to write back as well, but it's probably best to leave it alone.  Like a PP said, you won't get any rational response so there's really no point in contacting her.

But it's oh so tempting!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha.  Liz said whackadoodle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a creep!  I'd want to e-mail back, but probably is not worth it.  I'd just leave it alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4c340ff5-be12-41c0-bb32-38dc90eb1697Post:26cc8904-3704-4b54-827d-5f5bc0a6b8f4">Re: Weird Email...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha.  Liz said whackadoodle.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite words.  That and calling people a looneytoon.  I use them on a daily basis at work and dealing with people.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also vote leave it alone.  As much as I'd also be tempted to respond and ask a ton of questions you likely won't get a good response and will just get more craziness back.  That one tops the week for crazy emails.
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What the what?! What a weirdo.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4c340ff5-be12-41c0-bb32-38dc90eb1697Post:4ff54988-ebad-453c-8ee3-18424514e0d2">Re: Weird Email...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also vote leave it alone.  As much as I'd also be tempted to respond and ask a ton of questions you likely won't get a good response and will just get more craziness back.  That one tops the week for crazy emails.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

<div>This, but to add...wtf?!?! </div>
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wuh-HOW.  So weird.  I vote like everybody else - I'd love to know the story, but I wouldn't open anything up with her.  But how seriously weird.  The attitude seems to be that you weren't thinking about the feelings of others by praising someone who was great for you but not for others - but how could you possibly have known that a complete stranger had a problem with this vendor???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really really weird!  You might forward it to your DJ just as a heads-up.  I would not want to have my clients getting emails like that about me.  More importantly, I would not want my clients being harassed like that. It'd be good to tell him just so he knows how to deal with his marketing/word-of-mouth.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had to go back and see who your DJ was.  I have never seen him get a bad review.  What a bizarre email.  I definitely agree that you should let him know about the it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards