Michigan-Detroit
Options

If your FI started posting on The Knot..

all of the time, or even a few times a week or on a regular basis, would you think he was batting for the other team?

I would.

Has that ever happened? I'd love for some soon-to-be husband to post here regularly...just not mine.

Re: If your FI started posting on The Knot..

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually we had a guy on here for a while. Cinday's hubby used to post quite often. He got along with all the ladies :)

I wouldn't think anything of it if FI posted on here...on this board...because he knows that this is like my group of 'virtual friends' so it would be like talking to them. Now, if he was posting elsewhere or other sites by his own will and power without me being involved in some way, then I might be a little suspicious lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I wouldn't worry about it - except on confession day, lol! Why would it bother you that your FI would like to be a part of planning the day where you committ your lives to eachother?

We used to have a guy posting, I wonder if he moved to the nest. His wife posted too.

Personally, I think its unfortunate that this site, like so much of the wedding industry is geared towards women. Planning the wedding is the first of many huge projects for a couple and it really brings out your ability (or lack thereof)  to work together and comprimise. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be interesting to see, but my FI doesn't. He's not that great with a computer to begin with. I think he would get lost in the new forum format Laughing
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-started-posting-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4cf01d3e-89e0-4cc2-b776-a82c8874ba50Post:1df6c090-20c6-4dc8-a9ab-cd26a13400d7">Re: If your FI started posting on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would it bother you that your FI would like to be a part of planning the day where you committ your lives to eachother?

Posted by Booger+Bear[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with him wanting to be involved but like you said, this site is completely geared towards women. The gay part was half joke...for my FI though, it would be completely out of character!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If FI started posting on here, I'd be concerned that his body was invaded by aliens!!!

In our meeting with Jen from Amanda Williams... he called knotties "knotaholics - or whatever they call themselves".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-started-posting-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4cf01d3e-89e0-4cc2-b776-a82c8874ba50Post:9111f102-e413-4d2f-a1cf-a1176282b50b">Re: If your FI started posting on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If your FI started posting on The Knot.. : I don't have a problem with him wanting to be involved but like you said, this site is completely geared towards women. The gay part was half joke...for my FI though, it would be completely out of character!
    Posted by mordacious[/QUOTE]

Ah - yea I think it probably depends on the guy. Iif my FI started posting I'd be amazed that he figured out how to work the site. He doesn't know what a blog is....
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be weird because it is totally not something he would normally do.  He's involved in the wedding planning enough that he goes to appointments with me, gives me his opinion etc.  But then I get to do all the research, details, etc. which I am perfectly OK with and is why I came to TK in the first place. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH would never do that. He thinks I'm crazy for still being here anyways.

We've had 2 grooms here & they were both fun to have around.
    They didn't get quite as involved in the planning process as much as the social aspect of the board, I think. I could be wrong...I didn't pay attention to every post. ha ha
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't see my FI on there. He giggles every time I talk about my Knottie friends 'cause he thinks I'm saying "Naughty". The first GTG I went to, he thought was a toy party or something! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-started-posting-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4cf01d3e-89e0-4cc2-b776-a82c8874ba50Post:5dd2bce3-7241-466f-b45b-637907f88617">Re: If your FI started posting on The Knot..</a>:
    [QUOTE]If FI started posting on here, I'd be concerned that his body was invaded by aliens!!! In our meeting with Jen from Amanda Williams... he called knotties "knotaholics - or whatever they call themselves".
    Posted by aprillm730[/QUOTE]

Knotaholics - I love it. We need a 12 step program!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be awesome, then maybe he wouldn't have been so critical of the knot and what we did on the boards.
  • Options
    karolinawsukarolinawsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance would never post on here.  But its pretty funny because any time I mention anything about the wedding, hes always like " did you get that from your website thingy?" lol its too cute, but I think he's proud of me for doing my wedding research!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI would most likely not come on here. But he does tell me to get on and get opinions from my Knottie friends. Wink

It wouldn't bother me at all if he came on here and started posting. I'd like it actually...it would relieve some stress for me! And I wouldn't have to explain myself everytime I tell him I get an idea from the Knotties!
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is on other message boards and has internet friends too, so if he was on here the only weird thing would be during confessions. but i always tell him my beefs, anyway. i think it would be more awkward for other board members than the two of us. lol
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards