Michigan-Detroit
Options

VENT......

I really never thought I'd say this, but I am SOOO ready for my wedding to be over with! I hate trying to please everyone and smile when people say ridiculous things to me about what their idea of this wedding should be. I feel like I've been the most laid back bride while my friends and family have turned into crazy people. One week to go.......

Here are a few things that have almost sent me over the edge in the last week:

1. A handful of people asking me if it's ok if they wear white. My response was a joking, "if you have to ask, it's probably not appropriate".
2. My MOH (who had seen the pic of the hair I chose) asked if she could do the exact same hair as me for the wedding.
3. My mom (who didn't realize) showed me and FI a picture of the hair she wants for the wedding, and it's the EXACT picture I took to my stylist for my hair. I really had to keep my cool so FI didn't get an idea that that was MY hairstyle for the day of.
4. Vendors not calling me back when there's 1 week to go... all I was calling about was to verify the amount due. I guess they're not too concerned.
5. My dream last night that my mom was using food coloring while standing next to me wearing my bright white dress and she splashed some dye on my dress and told me no one will notice.

All I want is the piece of paper saying I'm married to FI. I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be over soon....

Re: VENT......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just breathe and remember that in the end you will be married to the man you love and that's what matters :)  I do agree though...I have remained fairly level headed whereas my wedding has turned other people into crazy people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent away!  I too cannot wait until this wedding is over with.  There is way too much stress associated with what is supposed to be such a happy time.  Try not to stress so much about things you can't control.  You can't control what someone else wears to the wedding, whether clothes or how they wear there hair.  You will still stand out as a beautiful bride no matter what others look like at your wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent away :) It sometimes just feels better to get it off your chest!! I hear you on being so over wedding stuff. Sometimes I'd like to press the fast forward button and be on the HM already!! People will ask you stupid questions about the wedding. And when the wedding is over, they will find new topics to ask stupid questions about. Don't worry about the hair. She probably loves the awesome hair style you picked out and wants to look good for your wedding. You're the one in the white dress, people arent going to notice her hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for reading and commenting :) I can't wait to fall off the face of the earth for almost 2 weeks for the HM!

This whole planning process has been a HUGE test of my patience and has forced me to be ladylike during times when I thought my head was going to explode with frustration.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is why we have honeymoons!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards