Michigan-Detroit
Options

Searching for a wedding venue

Hello everyone my name is Amber, I am new to message board. =) My finace and I are looking at wedding venues for our October wedding of next year. We live in Clarkston MI and we are trying to find something not necessarily in the area but not to far away. We are planning and paying for the wedding ourselves so we are trying to save money where possible. We have not set a budget but we are trying to not go over board with the costs. The places we have looked so far are around 20,000 for the ceremony, and reception. Does anyone have any suggestions on nice venues that are any cheaper? 

Re: Searching for a wedding venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at MacRay Harbor on 10/20/12, and the place is gorgeous!  It's in Harrison Township.  They have no minimum spend amount in October, so I think we're getting by with 230 people for about $14-15,000.  So if your guest count is lower, you could do even better than that.  We aren't having our ceremony there, but I do know that they have that option.  Definitely check it out!  We booked it a month ago.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have any suggestions for venues but don't forget you can save a lot of Money by having a Friday wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you planning on having?

My wedding is at Shepherd's Hollow in Clarkston, MI THIS SATURDAY!!  (Yay!)  It's beautiful.  It's not cheap, but it includes many things that other venues will charge you extra for (chairs, linens, cake cutting, 5-hour premium open bar, champagne toast for all, etc).

We also looked at Indian Springs Metropark....close to you and very pretty as well.  It's less expensive, but still nice.  
  • Options
    jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with the Lafyatte Grande in Pontiac. About $7k for ceremony and buffet reception with 5 hours of drinking for 125 guests.

http://www.thelafayettegrande.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception will be at Oak Arbor Church (and banquet facility) in Rochester. They do not have their own caterer and therefore it was nice to have a beautiful location but explore caterers within our budget. [: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Clarkston as well. I think we all dream about getting married at Pine Knob mansion. When I first got engaged we immediatly jumped on the website to find out that it was way to expensive. But I am happy to tell you that I am getting married two months from today!! We were able to afford it by doing it on a friday and they cut the price a lot in the "winter" I believe it includes Nov-march. I would recommend you looking into it. It is very worth it and the staff is amazing and so willing to work with you! 

Good Luck!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at boulder pointe golf course in Oxford! They are reasonably priced and as PP said the prices are cheaper on Fridays. 

What type of venue are you looing for? There are SO many options out there! Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Club Monte Carlo in Shelby Township. Not super close... but the cost is AMAZING. 230 people, hors devours, floating champagne, buffet dinner and full open bar (including liquor) for around $8k.  Plus the food and the staff are amazing so you aren't giving anything up for the low cost.  I looked at many places in the area and by far this is the best place to go.  I would have spent nearly double for the same things at other places.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input. We are looking to have a place where we can have our ceremony and reception at the same place. We actually just looked at Boulder Pointe this past week and have also looked at Bay Pointe and Twin Lakes. I really love Twin Lakes but if I can find somewhere else that I like and cheaper that will be a plus. Our guest list is around 250 people we are trying to find somewhere that we can keep our guest list at this amount and not break the bank. My fiance's main thing is the food is loves to cook so, without every attending an event as some of these places makes it a little nerve racking not knowing how there food is. 
    @mags- a friend of ours is actually getting married next year at the pine knob mansion =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards