Michigan-Detroit
Options

what are you thankful for?

Lately I've been feeling pretty negative, so it's time to start counting a few blessings....thought maybe everyone might want to take a step back from the wedding stress and be thankful for something.

I'm lucky to have a future family who is flexible, fun, and rolls with the punches. I love them to death for being so easy going about this wedding, not interfering, and just letting FI and I have fun. 

What are you thankful for or appreciating? 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: what are you thankful for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE this thread! Thanks for posting! Sorry you've been negative lately, we all fall into that rut every so often, I was a few days ago and felt like I was literaly dragging myself out of it. 

Mine may be long because I'm on an optimistic streak.

I am thankful for my amazing FI who loves me truly unconditionally and puts up with me when no one else could.  He is amazing and I could not ask for a better man to spend my life with. Also, grateful for his amazing family, whom I love dearly.  I was just talking with my mom yesterday about how much I love every member of his family.

I am glad I have my health and my faith.  As well as a healthy family.  I am very blessed to have been adopted by an amazing family, yet connect with my biological family in my adult life and have a giant mass of people to love and care about!

I am beyond thankful that my dad is paying for my wedding and brunch the following day, and that fi's family is pitching in for some things as well.  My mom made a point yesterday that my dad has not said no to anything I want for the wedding yet (in all fairness he did say no $800 bar upgrade 5 months ago...but he made a good point that an open bar without the highest level liquor was good enough and no one would remember).  Could not be more thankful for all my dad is doing for FI and me. 

I am thankful for my amazingly flexible MOH and  bms.  They help out emotionally and physically.  They voice opinions nicely and put me in my place when neccessary...they are also too accommodating sometimes. 

Very thankful FI and I both have jobs that pay well.  We may work 60 hours/week and not see eachother but I'd rather have that than no job at all.  Also thankful that I love my job and my coworkers.  I truly believe everything my company stands for and feel valued as an employee.  I work in sales and love knowing I have friendly competition with my coworkers but they all have my back and will do their best to give credit where credit it deserved. 

Yeah I knew this would be long but that really just lifted my spirits :)  Thanks again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so thankful that my health has improved since the start of the year, that school is going well,  and that FI has been able to remain positive about his job-hunt. 

Right this moment, though?  I'm feeling thankful that FI and I are such generally logical, forward-thinking people.  My soon-to-be SIL (FI's brother's FI) just posted *on FB* that she thinks they're going to have to cut the guest list because they had no idea how expensive everything for a wedding was going to be, and that she hopes people won't be too upset about this.  The STDs have been out for months.  My first reaction, of course, is that I hope everything's okay.  And I hope they're not too crushed that they had to change their plans.  However, I also have the horrified voices of the etiquette board regulars echoing in my head.  And I'm suddenly feeling so thankful that FI and I thoroughly looked at our finances and the cost of things before we made our budget and started purchasing things.  I love that about him - how responsible he is and how he always thinks about the consequences of his actions.  It makes me feel so secure and confident about our future together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      Im takful for my family, my friends my FI and all the fun I have in school. And Im thankful God has paved that way for our wedding to finally come together after waitng 4 years im finally ready to start the life he's planned for us. 
    I am also very thankful for my job. For years I've looked for work but with the economy down now wanted to hire a newbe that handn't worked in over 3 years. Every one wanted someone with expericence. Now I have agreat job with great people and I like what I do. God has truly blessed me, and only hope that I show people that every day and the come to know HIM becauce of it.

image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    amberladerachamberladerach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I am thankful for is being alive. A little over a year ago I was in the hospital fighting for my life because of a blood clot that went into my right lung. I had pneumonia in my left lung and the clot killend the right lower lobe of my lung and left scar tissue throughout it and it bled out into my pleural space. I didn't realize how bad I was until the chief of the hospital came to me and explained had a I waited much longer I wouldn't have lived until morning.

The nurses who took care of me looked at me with sadness because I was still very bad and they had no idea what was causing this clotting issue.  It took almost a week for them to find out that I have three different blood clotting disorders. I am positive for the lupus anticoagulant as well as positive for factor V lieden and I also have too much factor VIII which a deficiency in causes hemopholia. Through this whole experience my now fiance then boyfriend was there with me through it all acting strong for me and then going home and admitting to crying because he was so worried.

It took them a month to get my blood thin enough to send me home without the risk of me throwing another clot. While in the hospital I was most lonely at night most of them sitting up and crying knowing my life would never be the same. I was 23 years old and handicap. I had been through so much in my short life, I was molested as baby and sexually assalted as a teen and a young adult as well as throughout my childhood being beat by my stepfather.

My fiance and I were just in the begining of our relationship when things started getting horrible at home with my stepdad. He would block my car in so I couldn't leave to go to work so I would walk part way and my boss would leave and come get me. The final thing that made my then boyfriend snap was when I escaped my stepdad after he got mad and punched me in the face and I came into work with my face swollen and bleeding.

Shortly after this I started my externship for school working in the hospital while I was also working full time at my other job. I literally would come home and nap 3 hours and go to my other job. There were many hard times and he has stuck with me through it all, encouraging me when I felt hopeless, having me lean on him when things got bad. After my blood clot he not only helped support me financially but emotionally. It took me almost a year to get back to work and recover from that one hospital stay.

So what I am thankful for is my fiance, my family, his family.  I am also very thankful that my mom finally realized what she had married and I was able to help her and my sisters escape him to begin a better life. I am most thankful for being alive today. It has been a rough journey but it has only made me stronger.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Amber............good for you for having the strength to survive all that. Makes all my little "pity parties" seem totally itsy bitsy! Congrats!

I am thankful that my "growing up dream" of being a Mom some day came true many years ago with my 2 kids. They are amazing people, healthy, fun, and happy.

As I wished to be a Mom during my childhood and teen years I never thought that it would just be the kids, but would always include a "Prince Charming". Sadly, that didn't happen during their young lives, but they can see how happy I am now that my Prince Charming arrived almost 4 years ago.

All of the above would not have happened if I didn't have amazing parents who made sure I made the most of my education, who supported me emotionally through today, and were NEVER bad parents. The groundwork they laid during my upbringing made me who I am..........employed, able to support my kids, live in a house we love, and not be in debt (that's a biggie!) I'm thankful they are still here to see me marry my Prince Charming in 98 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thankful for my parents who have taught me countless valuable lessons, and have given me more than just a roof over my head, and an education.
    I am thankful for FI's family for being so warm, loving, and welcoming. 
    I am thankful for God teaching me that I can survive anything.

And I am so thankful for my health - I've been to the hospital a number of times in my life, at which 2 times I thought I would never walk again and I am SO HAPPY to say I'm training for the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon (even though I don't like running)

On top of all of that... gotta be thankful for Dan. Somedays he's a pain.. but I wouldn't want it any other way. I love that man!
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great thread!!!

I'm thankful for the blessing of being a soon-to-be-momma. I honestly never thought i could have children and after 5 1/2 years of no 'oops' or even close to any scares (although thankful for that)- it just reassured me of what i always 'knew' that i wouldn't be a biological momma. But the Lord has blessed us with a child and for that i will always be thankful (no matter how sick i am lol)

So thankful for my amazing sister. She's such a strong woman and i'm so proud to call her my best friend. <3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thread.

I am thankful for my health and my family. I am on an amazing trip with my mom, sister and aunt and all I had to pay was $20.

I have a great FI and I love his family. I am thankful that my wedding is coming together it has been a struggle but I can see the finishline.

I am also thankful for all of you. The Knot and this board has been my saving grace. I have met some amazing people and I am waiting patiently for everyone's big day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for sharing!!  There are some incredible stories here.  I agree with SheSheDuke - There are some amazing ladies on this board and I'm grateful for all of you. :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards