Michigan-Detroit
Options

Vendor Reviews: Pending a few things...

Church: New St. Paul Tabernacle – A…. My home church..no problem with them at all. PRICE: Free

Officiant: Elder Wynne – A …..he was great! I love him! PRICE: FREE for me..but we gave him a $$ donation $150  

Reception Hall: Metro beach Glasshouse – A……  I had no problems with the hall, they even let me in a day early to drop things off. PRICE: $600

Caterer: B- …. (I can’t put the name out here on the internet) The food was off the hook!!! The jerk chicken, stir fry, mashed potatoes, string beans and home made bread w/ honey butter.. YUMMY!!!!! She also set up my candy buffet and head table. But…..I heard that the lead caterer was out in the open grabbing salad with her bare hands and placing them on plates. Even though that is common in some food industries, and she did claim that her hands were very clean and washed…you have to be careful when handling food in front of guests. Especially the type of people that don’t like there food to be handled with bare hands. PRICE: $5,000.00
 Wait Staff: B- (some forgot to bring out dressing with the salad’s. Heard that one lady might have had an attitude problem toward some guests) 

Bartending Service: Cocktails and Dreams F – enough said! : $171.00

Day of Coordinator: Grade pending…..need to check on some things.

Flowers: April Oboza A ++++++++++++++++ (one of my most favorite vendors) My flowers were perfect and exceeded my expectations. She was VERY affordable and was always available via email or phone. Perfect vendor. Love her! : $1,700.00 (for a lot of flowers, rented vases and decoration my church)

Cake: Piper @Trendy Treatz B….The cupcake table and the décor was so awesome! but the cupcake decor wasn't elegant in my opinion. But they tasted really good. She was so nice and also easy to work with. We have Pineapple, Lemon, Red Velvet and Chocolate cupcakes. (200 cupcakes) : $330 

Linens: Stephanie’s Wedding Creations: A- (Stephanie was the bomb!) the only reason I gave her a minus was b/c of the linens for my church. I needed enough to drape the entire aisle, but that wasn’t given to us. April – the flower lady still made it look pretty.  But Stephanie was awesome throughout this entire process! I was extremely happy with my linens and her communication. She was great to work with! : $576.00

Photography: Amy Boeve Photography A+++++++++++ I cannot explain how much I love Amy! She is probably the sweetest person I have ever met! I heard she helped out so much at the reception. I heart her and did I even mention that her work is PERFECT?!!! She includes a engagement photo session. Book her or dies! LOL: $1,500

Rock the booth: A++++++ (Awesome!!!) I loved them! The attendants were so awesome and fun! Loved them! My guest cannot stop talking about this!
J $600

Videographer: s2rproductions (Adam Retli) pending video… However, Adam is awesome. Very nice guy! Can’t wait to see my video: $500

DJ: A+ Chuck’s DJ Service. I love Chuck! He is great and affordable! He also teaches ballroom dancing! $350

Brides & Bridesmaids & Groomsman attire: A (Miracle Wedding Village) they were great to work with! No problems.
My dress: $400 BM dresses $130 Tux rental: $109

Brides Alterations: Needle Nook: I think she did a good job, but I would have likes it to be a little bit tighter around my tummy and boobs.$150.00 

Hair: Sexy Hair by Brandy @ Salon Secrets: A+++ $50.00

Make-up for bridal party: Raqual Winkler Smith: A++ She is awesome! Me and the girls looked great.She showed up early and got us all done right on schedule! I love her!!! ($55 w/airbrush $45 w/no airbrush)

Mani’s & Pedi’s: A…..Vertrice with Nourished Sole  - She came out to our hotel to do our nails. We loved them. Very nice, neat and clean! : $40

Veil: A+ Cathleen (knotie Catsoy) It was beautiful!! – (I purchased the veil from another knottie $20 and had alterations to it $10) $30

Limo – Bill at Red Carpet Events: B+ no air in one, but did call another limo right away. $800

Shoes: Nina Shoes @ Macys $50

Bracelet: Made by a knottie: $45

Re: Vendor Reviews: Pending a few things...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You were too nice giving the waitstaff a B-.  IMO of course.  They had no flippin' clue what they were doing and there was no doubt that one waitress was a complete bitch to me. 

As I said on the phone the other night, I don't like to make a big deal out of things, but seriously, Bran, they were worth making a big deal out of...moreso than the idiot bartender.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea til I googled it that your church was 4.4 miles from my house. lol And Elder Wynne did a wonderful job. Beautiful ceremony! Again, you looked amazing. I really liked your BM dresses & the flowers in their hair....very pretty! Thanks again for including me, Brandi.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taryn- yes darling..thanks for your info..I truly appreciate it..but it was more than just your opinion that I received in the past few days and there were plenty other waitresses and attendants that were great - according to the other 199 guests..lol Unf, you guys got a few that sucked..But I had to grade the entire staff overall. Don't get me wrong..I spoke about the negative to the caterer...it's all being taken care of. sorry for the suckey service. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh and Taryn - I forgot to mention that another reason I went hard on the bartender is b/c of all the rude comments she made to the guests...especially when she told one of my black guest that they couldn't have a gin and tonic becsue "black people" don't drink gin and tonics..so there goes the F- they deserved..I can't beleive that...

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_vendor-reviews-pending-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:5ca1c6f9-31ce-4b8d-933a-54e0cd8ec5edPost:400a06e9-e62b-4e91-b01c-7535e49a3285">Re: Vendor Reviews: Pending a few things...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Taryn - I forgot to mention that another reason I went hard on the bartender is b/c of all the rude comments she made to the guests...<strong>especially when she told one of my black guest that they couldn't have a gin and tonic becsue "black people" don't drink gin and tonics</strong>..so there goes the F- they deserved..I can't beleive that...
    Posted by brobin01[/QUOTE]

OMG.  No way.  I know you had an amazing day and I would hate to focus on the negative, but there is no way I'd let this one go.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can't believe your bartender would say that to someone.

Also I am glad to hear Rock the Booth was great, I just booked them today!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW...I can't believe the bartender said that! I would've told her to pretend it's juice and pour the effing drink. Ignorant bia!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly why this company got a effin F! I cannot wait to make my formal complaint. I am still getting additional info for a few things and writing it all up. I thank GOD I did not hear about this that night b/c I would have torn that lady a new hole! '

that dayI was in heaven and no one let me know about the "little drama" that occurred, but now I am BACk and ready to handle business for the DOC and the bartender...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soooo.....how does it feel to be a married lady? It's fun saying 'my husband' isn't it? lol I giggled for the 1st month of saying it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

yes!! I love saying it and butterflies crowd my tummy when I look at that ring on his finger! LOL I love it!!! ahhhh! LOL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  I can't believe the bartender would say something like that, Im glad you didn't hear about that during the reception!!
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kkbrown - I know right? I am so pissed about that! I can't wait to write up my complaint!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brandi, I also cannot believe a person that serves the public would say something like that. Personally, I'd ask for some money back, and even threaten legal action to get it.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your day and that none of this ruined it. Big props to your guests for understanding that, and keeping this to themselves until later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sue! Yes, I am so thankful that my guest were able to hold this in! It's most likely b/c they knoew I would have torn into her behind for making that comment!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brandi, I just got internet access back today after moving and yours is the first post I'm reading after being gone for so long!!! I'm so glad your day went well and I am going to stalk facebook in a minute to see some pictures!! haha!

I'm also super glad to hear that you had a good experience with stephanie's wedding creatioins. I have her booked and I really like her so far!

Thanks for the reviews - super helpful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BRANDI!!! You are hilarious!!!! Only the lovely diva that you are would post the prices ALSO...lol...to freakin funny and helpful at the same time :)
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards