Michigan-Detroit
Options

Many Prayers Needed :(

I just got back from the Emergecy Vet with my kitty Miles.
I got home from THE WORST babysitting experience I have ever had..(lots of kicking and screaming and crying), after missing a party welcoming back my FH Uncle after 8 years in Afgahnastan, to my Kitty Miles, not greeting me at the door. I immediatly knew something was wrong, so i went and got his treats, and he wouldn't take them (he's not one to say no to treats), so then I went and got canned food (which he also never says no too) and still didn't take those. He usually doesn't let us hold him very much and was letting me hold him.
I called my FH home and we decuded to take him in.
His fever was 105, so they did some lab work, checked a blood count and his kidneys and liver, they all came back fine, except for dehydrated. Well, they were getting ready to just discharge hm, and they checked his temp and it went up to 105.5, so they wanted to keep him, but it just costs way to much to admit him.
So they gave him fluids, and started him on anti biotics and we need to check his temp at 1am and several times for the next week...
Everyone please pray my baby wll get better on his own..Im so upset, and im so tired of money deciding EVERYTHING. Here's my babies..Miles it he grey kitty, Tony is the white/black.

Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*

Re: Many Prayers Needed :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ts & Ps for little Miles
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh...I hate when kitties are sick.  :(  I'll be thinking of you.  I'm sure everything will turn out fine.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This JUST happened to our kitten Bella a few weeks ago. SUPER high temp for a few days. She was in the kitty hospital the whole weekend of Easter. After a few rounds of anti-biotic she is back to her crazy self! They really couldnt determine what it was..but suspect some sort of virus.

Lots of kitty prayers comming your way.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aweeee I hate when my furbabies are ill.  Definitely will keep you guys in the prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers for Miles :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Poor baby! I'll pray for him for sure!!!

Our baby Juice had to have surgery a few months ago - and we couldn't afford it either. We ended up getting CareCredit - which is like a health care credit card (I hate credit cards) but that's the only way we could do it. I understand completely wanting to do the best for your baby but not having the resources! It SUCKS! I really hope it's just a virus or a sinus infection. Update us please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate when anyones fur babbies are sick!!  :(  He is definately in my prayers!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All my kitty thoughts for your Miles!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! Sending prayers for your kitty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hope your little kitty feels better soon :(.
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sending prayers your way! I have two kitties too, and I know how hard it can be to see them sick :( Thinking of you!!
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lots and lots of fur-prayers coming to you!! i love my fur babies and know how special they are to us. wishing you the very best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jaclyn2311jaclyn2311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one cares about your cats. There are people in the world with bigger problems.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well apparently plenty of people DO care about jhawthorne's cats, since many have posted their prayers and support here. What a stupid and insensitive thing to say, shame on you.
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_many-prayers-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5f7ee72d-e4d5-4812-8d46-c147947b3c8bPost:75d16fef-a588-4514-b117-0db47c99711f">Re: Many Prayers Needed :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]No one cares about your cats. There are people in the world with bigger problems.
    Posted by jaclyn2311[/QUOTE]

Yes, there may be bigger problems in the world than a pet being ill but this is not the place to worry about everything in the world.  On this board we support each other for things both wedding related and non-wedding related.  Her cats are important to her and she was just sharing it with us.  Please be supportive on this board.  It does not look too well when your second post is disrespectful.

Please keep us updated on Miles.  I hope he gets better soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sigh...
    Why bother taking the time to be nasty, if there are so many "bigger things" to worry about?

jHawthorne, I hope Miles is feeling better.
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards