Michigan-Detroit

Anyone want to recap Teen Mom this week?

I was very disturbed in some ways (Amber...).

Proud of others (Maci & Ryan making an adult decision, Farrah making strides with Sofia's dad's family).

And confused/disappointed... (NEITHER Catelynn or Tyler could graduate?  That made me really sad. It sounded like part of it was missing school because of their respective/intertwined messed up families).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone want to recap Teen Mom this week?

• edited December 2011
    I agree about Amber, she really needs some help. And if she thinks that what she's going couldn't get her in trouble she better think again, did she forget that she's being filmed?

I'm so proud of Maci and Ryan, even though I'm not a huge Ryan fan, I'm happy that he is at least being civil and making an effort.

This is one of the first episodes that Farrah didn't get on my nerves, I really hope that she keeps in touch with the sister and doesn't just leave that hanging.

Catelynn and Tyler were very upbeat about the whole situation, although it seems like the late graduation is due more to their family drama that the pregnancy, Catelynn's mother drives me crazy, that lady really needs rehab, anger management and therapy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am watching it on DVR tonight! Will add my 2 cents later ;)!
  • edited December 2011
    I just finished watching it online.

Amber's behavior is very disturbing. Yeah, Gary does some crappy things some times, but nothing compared to her. I hope she is watching these episodes and I hope something clicks in her head and she makes some big changes.

At first I was upset with Maci for moving, because I felt like she was doing it selfishly, but I'm happy they worked something out.

I'm always so happy to see that Catelyn and Tyler continue to have such a positive attiude despite their effed up situations. Catelyns mom is CRAZY!

Farrah's situation is so upsetting, I feel like she thinks shes going to be alone forever, and that is so sad. I can't imagine how she must feel.

It's a good show, but I think that the people who say that this show "glorifies" teen pregnancy, this episode really proved that wrong because it just showed how hard it is and how messed up your lives can become.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree with your last point, April!  This does NOT glorify teen pregnancy.  Although I am a little bit leery about there being another season of 16 & Pregnant.  Not that I won't watch it...but how long can it really go on for and still be ethical?

I watched this video too; I thought the article that went along with it was very well-written.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Amber seriously needs help! I really think she is suffering from depression which from personal experience I know can present with uncontrollable anger.

I used to be just totally annoyed and appalled by her. Still am. But this episode just confirmed to me that she has some serious dysfunction, that unless she gets it under control , she and her little Leah are going to suffer greatly.

Farrah has her problems as well, but little Sophia seems to be a happy baby. Farrah must be doing something right despite some of earlier mishaps with that child.

Amber will be Catelyns mom in 20 years if she doesn't get help.

• sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I missed it this week I was out of town and forgot to set the DVR. I cant see it until tomorrow at noon :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards