Michigan-Detroit
Options

Reception Halls in/near Macomb County

Hi all - can you please help me find a hall in the Macomb County area (or not too far from it) that is nice and reasonably priced ($30-$40 per plate) for a Saturday Family style.  Is this even possible?

Please help, what places am I missing?

Re: Reception Halls in/near Macomb County

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Magz.

Check one of the threads at the top with the vendors listed and see if there are any you are not familiar with in Macomb County

Gazebo, which is in Warren on 13 Mile & Mound might be less than that. I live in Macomb County and looked at tons of places, but I can't recall if they have family style. I know their buffet was less than that.

How many people are you inviting? It might help to know that too, because some halls have max capacities.

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing about your plans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the cheapest I found was Penna's or Villa Penna.  Family style on a Saturday is $50.50/person but they do have minimums for their rooms.  Fridays have no minimums for their rooms and are around $46/person.  Good luck!
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fern Hill Country Club in Clinton Township.  We're having our reception there and are shocked at how affordable it is.  No gratuity charge...saves you thousands, literally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Club Monte Carlo might be in your price range. I haven't been there before and have heard their decor is a little dated, but is nice otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IDK about their pricing now, but the Best Western Concorde Inn was great. They far exceeded our expectations. Very reasonable. It's on Gratiot/Hall Rd.

One of my showers was at The Gazebo. Great service, food (buffet), and pricing.
    Check out Blossom Heath in St. Clair Shores too. Great reviews, and they were a runner-up for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Assumption Greek Church in St. Clair Shores was very reasonably priced and offers family style meals.  I believe it's under "Marciori Catering" or something like that.
    ConCorde Inn is $50 per person for buffet (or at least it was when I booked last November).  Blossom Heath is more than that.  Awesome food, but we couldn't justify the price.  You might also try Zuccaros, they have good prices and good food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DeCarlo's Banquest & Reception Hall in Warren (10 mile/Mound) fits into that price range-but for buffet.  I'm not sure what their family style cost would be.  That is where we are having our reception next month.  We have used them multiple time for graduation parties, showers, etc.  You actually get quite a lot for your money there in terms of food choices, dessert table, linens, etc.  No extra cost for cake cutting and things like that.  We have had a good experience with them so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Vintage House in Fraser? I don't live out there but I'm going to a wedding there this weekend and the wedding packages are on the website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've done a pretty thorough search, and Royalty House in Warren beats them all.  For other options, try Crank's (very nice hall now up on M-59), Gazebo (buffet only, and dictates time), St. Joseph's (Greek Othodox church, but has independently run hall) on Ryan in Warren, and the Polish Cultural Center on Dequindre and 14 (?).  Just google reception halls in (city)....
  • Options
    alarthamealarthame member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. The Royalty House in Warren was absolutely AMAZING for my reception. I had a plated meal in your price range. The staff there is incredible not just on your wedding day but throughout the entire process. They really know what they are doing! Plus, their banquet halls were completely remodeled last September (the week of my wedding!!) so it's very fresh in there. I cannot say enough good things about that place!
    ~*~ Shauna & Patrick ~*~ 9/5/09 ~*~
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    kirch1lekirch1le member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Enchantment by Crank's Catering! It is on the corner of 21 mile and Hayes. I'm having my reception there and they have the prices your looking for. They have a ton of different options and they are really great to work with. They give you as much as they can and they've been in the business for a very long time. It is a newer hall and is gorgeous inside. It also has a nice outdoor patio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Barrister House in St. Clair Shores!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards